chapter fifty one

Selena ran down stairs, heading for the door. She grab her coat.
She went out the door and then pulled out her phone and called Justin.
She got into the taxi and drove off to Jake's place.

"Hello?"

"We found Jackson!" Selena yelled in excitement.

"Y'all did!! Where is he?" You could tell he was happy about it.

"For some reason he's lock in the basement. Justin, he's been at his apartment-"

"Wait, in a basement? Isn't that weird." Justin said. "Why do I have a bad feeling about this?"

"Justin, Macy is there and she's waiting for me. She told me that Jake is at the store."

Justin didn't like this. "Please don't do. I just got a bad feeling."

"But Justin, he's in the basement-"

"And how do you know that?" Justin raised his voice. "How do you know that Macy isn't lying."

"Justin, she is my friend and I don't think she would do that to me."

"Baby, I'm begging you! Don't do it." Justin cried over the phone. He was worried. For some reason this didn't seem right. How does Macy know he's at the store and Macy doesn't like Jackson.

"Okay, if I don't hear him, then I'll leave. I'll stay on the phone with you-"

"Or better yet, I'll come there. Don't you dare hang up." He was serious.

Selena smiled. "Okay, I won't."

The taxi stop and Selena looked out, seeing Jake's place. She took a deep breath and got out.
She slowly walked to the apartment, wondering where Macy was at.

"Macy!" She whispered. "Where are you?"

"You're already there?" Justin asked. "Selena, you were supposed to wait for me."

"No, you said you were on your way."

With that, Justin yelled to the taxi driver, telling him to step on it.

"Selena?" She heard.

Selena looked, seeing Macy coming upstairs. The stairs went down into the apartment.

"Macy." Selena ran to her.

"He's down here." Macy went down the stairs.

Selena stood there. It was like something was telling her not to go down there.
She was scared.

Macy turned to her. "You coming?"

Selena nodded slowly. "Yeah."
She walked slowly down the stairs and she held the phone to her ear. Really close.

"Why do you have the phone to your ear?" Macy asked as looking at her weird.

"Justin is on the phone. He wants to stay on the phone with me Just to keep up with me.

Macy sighed. This is not how the plan was supposed to go. She took a deep breath, grabbing the phone from Selena. She put the phone toward her ear. "Listen, Justin! We are okay, so back off."
Macy hung up and Selena raised an eyebrow.

"Why did you do that!" Selena raised her voice.

"Help!!" A guy yelled. He was in pain.

Selena looked. "Did you hear that?"

"I told you that he was in the basement." She cried, which was fake tears. "We need to help him before Jake comes back. Will you help Selena?"

Selena made a step, but then stop. "Is this a set up?" She was shaking.