Chapter 4

(Lauren POV)

We walk up to the door and there's a girl that's probably a few years older than us sitting at the table with Sammy.  The 5 of us look at each other before I open the door to go inside.  The girl looks up briefly when she hears the door opening.

"Hey.  Are you Y/N's friends?" She asks and then looks back to what the 5 year old is coloring

"Yeah I'm Lauren, and this is Dinah, Ally, Normani, and Camila.  Where's Y/N?" 

"Wait.  Fifth Harmony?"  She asks, shocked.

"Yep, that's us."  Ally answers and smiles widely.

"Wow it's nice to meet you girls."  The girl replies.

She nervously glances at Sammy before looking back to me.  "Y/N just had to take care of something out front.  I'm Breanna, Matt's girlfriend." 

She smiles at us.  "So how the hell did Y/N get Fifth Harmony to come to our house?"

"We ran into her today and just kind of hit it off, so here we are."  I avoid telling her what really happened.  I don't want Y/N to be embarrassed about breaking down in the mall, even though she has a completely valid reason to.  "Do you think she needs help with what she's doing outside?  I can go check on her."

Breanna looks like she's contemplating telling me something.  "Actually she has been out there for a couple of minutes.  If you girls don't mind staying in here with Sam, I'll go out to see what she's doing."

"Yeah, no problem."  Ally says and smiles at Breanna.  Ally takes the seat next to Sammy, and Camila sits down opposite the little girl.  "Hey girl, what are you coloring?"  She tries to take Sammy's attention off of Breanna, who stands up and walks over to me.

"Can you guys just make sure she doesn't come outside at all?  You might be able to hear some yelling, so just make sure she's distracted if that happens."  She whispers to the four of us still standing by the door.

"Is everything okay?"  I whisper back, confused.

She sighs.  "I don't know if she would want you to know considering you just met, and you're also some of her favorite celebrities.  But her douchebag ex-boyfriend showed up a couple minutes ago and wanted to talk to her.  I don't trust him and I didn't want her to be out there alone with him, but someone had to watch Sam.  Now that you're here though, I want to go out there with her."

"Is he dangerous?"  Normani asks.

"He has been in the past when he was drunk.  I don't think he is right now, even though I only saw him for about ten seconds.  But I still don't trust him."  Breanna answers.

"Let us come with you then, just in case."  I plead.  "Ally and Camila can watch Sammy, and we three can come with you."

"Okay fine, let's go."

~

(Your POV) (A/N slight trigger warning?)

"Come on, babe.  Just forgive me."  My ex-boyfriend slurs out.  "She didn't mean anything to me, I just made a mistake.  Just let me come inside and let's make up."  He says while moving closer to me.

"No Brian, stop."  I say while holding my arm out to his chest to keep him away from me.  "You didn't even just cheat on me once, so how can you even say it was a mistake.  I told you to stay away from here.  I don't want you anywhere around my sister when you're like this."  I push him back a little bit.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"  He yells, spitting in my face with every word that comes out of his mouth. 

"It means that you're fucking drunk and you're enough of an idiot when you're sober.  You're just downright stupid and destructive when drunk.  You don't even realize how scary it is when you drink."  He walks up to me and slaps me across the face.  I bring my hand up to the irritated cheek.  "Fuck you."  I spit at him.