Chapter 34

(Your POV)

"Yes, that sounds great.  We can keep in touch incase something comes up, but if there's no sudden problems I'll see you April 8th.  Thank you again for wanting to work with me, I'm excited for what we're gonna be able to do." I smile widely as I end the phone call.

"The motherfucking Chainsmokers want to meet with me to write a song.  This is getting, just...wow." I breathe out with wide eyes.

"This is the fourth artist I'm gonna write with not counting my girlfriend and the group.  This is fucking insane!" I say in disbelief while excitedly but gently shaking the body next to me.

My phone dings and a reminder pops up for me to head to work, so I quickly gather my trash and belongings.

"I'll be back tomorrow but Lauren will probably be here in a little bit. See ya later, love you Cai." I kiss his shaggy hair and make my way out of the hospital, waving to Brooke when I pass her in the hall.

Thankfully the hospital isn't that far from my house or my job.  Also, thankfully Dave hasn't fired me from my job at the recording studio which is shocking considering how many days of work I've missed in the past year.

"Hey, sorry I'm a couple minutes late." I say slightly out of breath when I get into the designated recording room.

"It's no problem, I'm actually pretty sure you're not even late at all." The blonde laughs from the couch.

"Well in that case, let's get started then." I smile and sit in the rolling chair. "We're pretty much done with the song and the demo, so any fine tuned adjustments will happen when you actually record the song with your team or if you decide to sell it but it should be all good. We can just listen one last time to see if there is anything that doesn't sound right."

I play the track and carefully watch the girl's face while she closes her eyes and softly bobs her head.

"Well, I'm happy with what we've got so I think we can officially say that this song is finished." She says and holds up her hand for a high five.

We smack hands and I roll over to my guitar case against the wall, opening it and taking the pick that I've been using for parts of this songwriting and producing process from its place between the strings on the neck.

"I know this is kind of stupid, but can you just sign this?" I ask, handing her the dark green pick that was made with a number six in the middle of one side and a thin silver permanent marker.

"Yeah, sure." She writes the script on the side with the six and when she hands it back to me I flip it to write today's date.

"Sorry, this is kind of lame but Lauren gave me this bookmark for my song writing journal so that I can attach a guitar pick to it for every song that I write with someone. So far you're number six." I laugh awkwardly as I add it to the bookmark right after Alessia Cara.

The first two the girls of Fifth Harmony claimed since I helped them write two of their biggest hits from their most recent album, the third has Lauren's signature, the fourth is Noah Cyrus, fifth obviously is Alessia Cara, and now Tori Kelly just claimed the sixth.  Hopefully The Chainsmokers will be number 7 if we finish a song together.  I may not be working with the biggest names in the industry yet but obviously I'm working my way up.

"It's not lame it's actually really sweet. I'm happy to be one of the first of many that you'll collect over the years. I'll be pointing everyone I know in your direction to make that happen." Tori says and stands up, hugging me before grabbing her bag off of the couch. "I'll see you around, Y/N. I'm gonna go call my manager to fly me back so we can get this single out as soon as possible. Tell everyone I said hi."