Chapter 31

SORRY I'VE BEEN MIA, HERE'S A DOUBLE LONG CHAPTER TO TRY TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU ILY

-----

(Lauren POV)

This day last year I was in Brazil on tour. I woke up excited to go out with my friends to celebrate by exploring, drinking, and hopefully getting relief from the tension of working by hooking up again with...well who I hooked up with a year ago doesn't matter anymore.

I'm definitely more content with how I woke up this year.  With a beautiful 22-year-old sleeping next to me and a promise of an amazing birthday simply because I get to spend it with my love.

She told me she planned something for us today, but as long as we get to spend the day together that I don't care what we do.

I had to go to rehearsals for most of the day yesterday but I got to relax with the older girl when she arrived at our hotel in Virginia until we fell asleep cuddled up with old reruns of How I Met Your Mother quietly playing in the background. They gave me my birthday off, but tomorrow we're doing a military benefit concert to show support to the troops and raise money for disabled veterans and their families. We figured that it was a good way to give back and get back into the groove of performing before the North American leg of our tour starts next week. We were especially motivated to do it since we've got someone overseas now that we're praying for to come home safe.

Y/N has visibly been more cheerful and lighthearted since Caiden came to visit a little over a month ago. They've been writing a lot and even Skype from time to time, I guess a perk of being a Sergeant now is that he's able to communicate with us more.  And I definitely mean us. He writes little notes to me or the girls in his letters to Y/N and Connor, it's our way of getting to know each other to make it easier when he comes home since at least me and Camila spend a lot of time with Caiden's two friends and the other girls are there from time to time too.

I kiss my sleeping girlfriend on the forehead before getting up to go to the bathroom, leaving the door open when brushing the morning breath away then sitting on the toilet to pee.

"Babe?" A sleepy voice comes from the room right before I flush the toilet and start to wash my hands.

"In the bathroom." I respond and Y/N runs into the bathroom, holding up a finger to tell me not to move.

She quickly squeezes Aquafresh onto her toothbrush and promptly brushes her teeth.  I raise an eyebrow when she starts smiling mischievously at me around the toothbrush.  She rinses then catches me off guard by pulling me in with a hand behind my neck until our lips meet in a bruising kiss that makes my knees buckle.

Y/N turns us and makes me blindly walk backwards out of the bathroom while her tongue invades my mouth and her hands move down to my ass, causing me to let out a moan.  We separate only for a moment when my shirt is stripped from my body and thrown somewhere in the room, leaving me naked.

We're both too caught up to know exactly how far away we were from the bed and soon enough I hit it with the back of my knees and fall back, Y/N landing on top of me and effectively knocking the wind out of my lungs and making me accidentally bite her tongue.

I try to take a deep breath as she rolls off of me groaning with her hand in front of her mouth.

"Fuck. Are you okay, babe?" She asks as best as she can without moving her injured tongue, it mostly just comes out as mumbled words.