Chapter 33

(Lauren POV)

"Hey Brooke." I smile at the 5'6 brunette when she looks up from the folder in her hand.  "Here's your coffee."

"You're a lifesaver.  Thanks Lauren.  How's Camila doing?  The baby come yet?" She asks with a smile before taking a sip from the paper cup.

I shake my head with a small laugh and place the coffee cup holder on the counter along with the plastic bag I was holding. "It's been like 12 hours and she's not having an epidural so she's in a lot of pain now, I can only imagine how much it's gonna hurt to push a child out.  But it should be soon."

"Yeah, I'd never be able to give birth without drugs." Brooke shakes her head.  "How's Connor?  Not that he's the one enduring all these hours of labor but is he freaking out about how close he is to actually being a dad?"

"He seems really happy.  Maybe a bit too happy because Camila keeps yelling at him when he tries to soothe her." We both laugh. "Just in the couple of hours I was in the room this morning she told him like 4 times that she hates him for doing this to her and called him like 17 names in both English and Spanish."

After a minute our laughter dies down and I let out a sigh while running my hand through my hair. "How is he today?"

Brooke smiles sadly at me. "Same as yesterday.  He's still stable and fighting but no progress."

I huff and nod before picking up the bag and coffees and saying goodbye to the brunette.

I can hear my girlfriend's voice as I near the end of the hall. "Oh my God, and for his 16th birthday we can bring him to our old secret hideout near the highschool and teach him how to smoke weed like we did with that group of skaters during study hall sophomore year." She laughs to the boy laying in the bed as I walk through the doorway.

"Wow, who knew I was dating such a rebel.  You skipped out on study hall to smoke? What a badass." I walk over to her chair and kiss her on the cheek before handing her a coffee.

She laughs and turns to the boy again. "We were just planning the things we were gonna do with our nephew.  Speaking of, I'm guessing since you didn't call me that the baby isn't here yet?"

"Nope." I respond while pulling my chair up next to hers.  I sit down and pull a small brown bag out of my purse. "Here, I got you a breakfast pastry since I figured you haven't left the room to eat yet."

"Thanks, babe." She kisses me shortly and smiles as she opens the bag to take a bite.

"What's in that bag." She asks while nodding to the plastic bag with her head, holding her hand in front of her mouth while chewing.

"I stopped in the gift shop on the way here and got some more stuff for the room."  I pull out a beach ball nightlight, curtains with a seashell print, and string lights in the shapes of palm trees (not sure if we can plug them in but they'll look fine just hanging).  "I figured I'd add to the theme that's going on."

I look to the walls of the private hospital room to see pictures hanging, as well as little wall saying like 'no shoes, no shirt, no problem' and some wooden anchors and other novelty beachy items.  He really likes the water and the beach.

"You're amazing, babe. Have I told you that before?" Y/N smiles at me and brings me in for a kiss that lasts until we hear footsteps coming into the room.

Brooke comes in with a grin. "Please, don't stop on my account.  You two are the cutest couple I've ever seen."

I playfully roll my eyes and stand up to start putting the new things up in the room. "You're only saying that so I keep bringing you coffee."