Chapter 28

(Lauren POV)

I take a sip from my Starbucks cup to give myself a second to relax before setting it back down on the table next to me.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not going to dignify that ignorant question with an answer." I say calmly and smile.

"Well, that's all the time we have for today.  Thank you for joining us.  Everybody give it up one more time for Lauren Jauregui." The man on my left quickly addresses the small crowd of people in front of us while the one on my right that just asked me 'how do you decide who the man is in a lesbian relationship' just sits there.

"Thanks for having me and thank you for coming little chickens. I love you guys." I smile widely at the people in front of me.

As I move to the side where I'm going to meet the fans that came to the interview, I feel my phone start vibrating in the back of my jeans and quickly take it out.

Incoming Call: MyFrenchFry🍟😍💋👅

Smiling at the first fan, I ask them to wait a second while I turn around and keep my voice low.

"Hey, are you okay? Someone tweeted me the video of BAEsic Bitch and—"

"Lauren, it's me."

"Camila?" I take my phone away from my ear and check the contact name.  "Why do you have Y/N's phone?"

"I forgot mine in the car but I needed to get in touch with you.  It's about Y/N. I don't want you to panic but—"

"Camila, that sentence alone is making me panic.  Where's my girlfriend?" I whisper-yell, not caring about the fact that we just broke up this morning.

"Don't worry, she's fine.  There was just a little...incident.  But she's okay, I just wanted to call you before you heard about it online and made any stupid decisions—"

"I'm flying back.  I'll book the earliest flight I can find so I should be there in just a few hours plus the time difference.  Just take care of her until then and tell her I'm on my way." I say frantically and a little louder than I intended.

"This is exactly the stupid decision that I'm trying to stop you from making.  She.  Is.  fine.  She just started to have a panic attack at the radio station when Ryan started hounding her with questions about the YouTube channel and he said some things about your relationship so she tried to get up to leave and right when she got out of the door she blacked out and hit her head on a chair.  She's awake now and she's okay, she just happened to fall into a chair that had a staple sticking out and needed to get a couple stitches on the side of her face and a tetanus shot. And let me tell you, she does not like needles." Camila says with a small half-laugh at the end.

I sigh and run my hand through my hair. "Goddamnit, what is it with these people and just doing whatever they fucking please to get a story? Can I talk to her?"

"She's actually still with the doctor right now they're just taking extra precautions since she hit her head.  I've been holding her phone and saw that she still hasn't called you back so I figured I'd fill you in before someone there told you some stupid story and freaked you out.  I'll tell her to call you later though."

"Okay, and you're sure I shouldn't fly out there?" I ask, feeling emotions start to build up.

"No, stay there and do your thing and she'll call you later. You coming here won't make a difference because she's fine, I know Connor will make sure she's okay and I promise I will take care of her during the week when Con flies back if she needs it." Camila says in the same tone of voice that she's been using to calm my nerves since I was 16.