Chapter 25

(Your POV)

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CAMILA...AND CONNOR! HAAAAPPPY BIIIRRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOUU!" The whole club finishes singing and Camila and Connor blow out the candles of the giant cake in the middle of the dance floor.

It's a good thing their birthdays are only weeks apart from each other so this private party at a club in LA is like having two birthday parties for the price of one.

The lights dim again and the music starts blasting at the same volume it was at before.

Camila introduced Connor as her boyfriend to her friends (leaving out the part that she's pregnant), but she hasn't introduced him to the public yet. Though she has tweeted some cryptic things and pictures, so people know that she's dating someone they just don't know who.

Obviously the fans have theories ranging from Shawn Mendes to Machine Gun Kelly, and of course my favorite and the most popular theory is that she's with Lauren.

Lauren did fill me in that she and Camila used to fool around and casually date on and off while they were on the X Factor and for a couple of years after that, but amicably broke it off for reasons that I won't get into. The important thing is that they obviously moved past that and are still the best of friends.

If only Jessie wasn't a piece of shit so we could still be friends.

"Can I buy you a drink, gorgeous?" A boy comes up to me with a smirk.

I look around with furrowed eyebrows to see if he's actually talking to me while quickly searching for my girlfriend.

There's no logical explanation for someone here to hit on me since Lauren and I have made our relationship very public and everyone here knows Camila so they presumably know Lauren too.

"Uh, no thanks. I'm good." I say and lift the glass in my hand slightly with a polite smile.

"Come on, you're almost empty and a pretty girl like you shouldn't go thirsty. Just let me get you one drink, I promise you won't regret it." He persists, trying to give me a charming smile, but all it's doing is making me want to find Lauren that much more.

"I'm really okay, I can get my own drink when I need it. Thank you for the offer though, I should go find my girlfriend. She's probably looking for me by now." I respond, emphasizing the word to give him the hint that I'm really not interested.

I look around the room and start to move away, but he grabs my hand. I turn to him but pull away from his grasp with a raised eyebrow. "Sorry, I obviously came on too strong but you don't have to use the old girlfriend excuse to reject me. I promise I can show you a good time, just give me a chance."

"Y/N!" A girl I had just met earlier comes over. I wave and offer her a smile. "Lauren was looking for you but Camila needed her for something so I told her I'd get you."

"I was just about to go find her, too. Sorry if you find that I'm fangirling a little bit throughout the night but I still can't believe I'm even in the same room as Halsey, I really am a big fan." I say as I turn to face her.

"Thanks, girl." She responds with a laugh, but before she can say anything else the guy that was trying to flirt clears his throat.

"Hey, sorry but we were just talking before you interrupted." He says with clear frustration.

"Listen, I don't even know who you came here with or who let you in because I'm pretty sure I've never seen you before, so back off before I call security. This is the girlfriend of one of the hosts, so I suggest you go be stupid somewhere else before you get your ass beat." Ashley says and puts her arm loosely around my shoulder.