Chapter 14

(Your POV)

The rest of Christmas was wonderful. It was slightly awkward when we first got to my aunt's house since none of them had met Sammy before, but soon enough they all loved her and she was running around with my little cousins like she's been a part of this family forever.

After getting a little bit more information from the girls, I discovered that the house is definitely big enough for my family plus Connor, Jessie, the girls, and their immediate families.

When I told my family about the return of our tradition of welcoming the new year together in Vermont after 12 years of no doing so, they were ecstatic and praising the girls even though they had never met them and didn't know that they were a famous girl band.

The rest of the week was spent making sure that we got off of work and that the manager of the bar that my dad left for us, Megan, was okay with taking care of the business for the whole 10 days.

Back when we inherited the bar, Matty and I agreed that we would get our own jobs and save the income from the bar to put half into an account for Sammy's college fund and the other half into an account so that we can expand the bar or make new locations like our dad planned on doing. Since we have our full-time jobs, our mom offered to take care of the bar so that it stays successful and we don't have to worry about it. Megan has been an employee since the beginning, so we completely trusted her and our mother with the business.

Megan assured us that she would keep everything in line while we were on vacation, so after that relief we focused on making sure that we were prepared to spend 10 days in the snow. The girls sent us hats, scarves, and gloves in the package on Christmas, so all we really had to do was find some winter jackets and snow pants.

We got all of our luggage into my SUV and started our 7-hour journey to the rented house at 2AM. My mother, brother, Bre, and Sammy all rode together while the rest of my family drove themselves and the girls and their families are flying into the airport in Vermont. The drive was relatively quiet and peaceful as we slept while Bre drove. That was until Sammy woke up when we were an hour out and kept asking if we were there yet.

We pulled up a little after 9AM and were immediately in awe of the gorgeous logcabin-styled mansion. 4 floors and a basement. The second floor had an open floor plan and only contained a giant kitchen, huge living room with a beautiful fireplace, and large dining room table that will fit all of the 60 people who are coming on this trip. Floors 1, 3, and 4 only had bedrooms that are made to sleep 4 people each and bathrooms. The basement was reserved for an indoor pool with a swim-up bar, a bouncy-castle, and a few pool and ping-pong tables. The backyard had a jacuzzi hot tub that'll probably fit about 20 people. Directly when you went out back, there was a large hill that I'm sure we're going to be using for sledding when we don't take the 10-minute drive to the ski slope.

We decided that we're not going to pick our rooms or roommates until everyone gets here, so we just unpack the car and relax until it's time for Matty and I to go pick up the girls and their families from the local airport. The mountain where we're going to be skiing at lent us a bus that they usually use as a shuttle from their resort to their mountain because we have so many people to bring back and forth, so Matty and my uncle are going to be taking turns driving everyone to and from the slopes since they're the only ones with licenses allowing them to drive a bus.

We got to the airport and parked the bus at the pick-up spot so we could go inside and find all of the people that'll be arriving, all of their flights getting in within minutes of 1PM.

The first people we see approaching the baggage claim are Normani, her parents, and her sisters.

"Y/N! Matt! Hey guys, how are you!?" The dark-skinned girl asks as she gets closer to us. She introduces us to her family and we exchange pleasantries as we wait for the others.