Chapter nine

I walked to work the next day, as soon as I got to the top floor, I went into Mr. Stark's office and put the blueprint on his desk, then I sat down at my own desk.

"Good morning Elizabeth." Ms. Potts smiled to me as she came in, a few minutes later.

"Good morning Ms. Potts." I smiled back and she entered her office.

Opening my laptop, I started looking around on the security cameras, I know that sounds creepy, but it's really funny when I see people doing something stupid.

Suddenly a notification popped up.

"Good morning Elizabeth, I would like to inform you that Mr. Stark is in the basement, he fell asleep while working. He quite likes coffee." It read.

"Thank you, good morning to you as well, J.A.R.V.I.S.." I wrote.

Headed to the cafeteria I grabbed a coffee, then headed down to the basement.

I placed the coffee cup in front of Mr. Stark, then I put the blueprints next to the cup.

"Here is the newest suit." J.A.R.V.I.S. spoke.

I heard the sound of gears moving and I turned around. An Iron Man suit was being lifted out of the ground.

"And why are you showing me this?" I looked to the ceiling.

"Fresh eyes are useful, you know the enemy better than anyone."

I nodded then picked up a screw driver and started working.

"Uh, J.A.R.V.I.S., can you control the suit? I want to try out something new."

"Yes Elizabeth, may I ask what you're trying out?"

"It's a new missile, it should have more force, I deactivated it, I just need to know if it can fly."

"I can test that."

The suit powered on. It raised its arm and fired. The missile flew a bit then I grabbed it out of midair.

"That should work." I murmured.

"Good reflexes."

"Yeah, they've come in handy." I let out a small laugh.

"How?"

I shook my head then sat back down and returned to working on the missile. It needed enough power to destroy a whole warehouse. But there couldn't be shrapnel, or it could possibly injure a team member.

"Wha'cha workin' on?" Someone asked.

"Oh my goodness, Mr. Stark, you scared me." I jumped.

"This is good work." He nodded, motioning to my blueprints he was already looking at.

"Really?"

"Yeah." He rolled up the blueprints and set them down. "I have a question for you, why work here? I read your file, your dad owns a company much like this. Why not work there?"

"I-I don't believe in my father's methods. Not to mention if he decides to disown me then you're the only person that dares allow me to still work for you."

"Does he know that you're my assistant?"

"We're both still breathing."

"So... no?"

"He thinks I'm at the lowest level."

He nodded, took a sip of coffee then spoke again.

"Do you wear the same thing every day?"

"Not the same clothing, but yeah, the same style. It's the only outfit that my father allows me to wear, lots of places to put trackers and whatever else you could imagine." I laughed.

He eyed me for a moment.

"Don't worry, I know all of his tricks, I would know if there was a listening device on me, or a tracker." I assured him.

"What're you working on?" He eyed the missile, which was still in my hand.

"It's, uh, for the Iron Man suit." I handed him the missile.

He examined it and nodded.

"Looks great, where'd you learn how to make this, kid?"

"Have to have a hobby, right?"

"Dangerous hobby." He eyed me.

"So is yours."

"You have a point." He laughed.

So we worked and we talked, I kept thinking about Supergirl. Tomorrow I would try to contact her.