Chapter fifty two

CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

I hung up my phone and immediately began searching city cameras.

"What is wrong?" Loki stepped over to me.

"I have to go." I clicked my phone off and slipped it into my pocket.

A grave expression was now frozen on my face, without another word I walked out and headed down the stairs, toward the street.

There were four black SUV's around Central park. More probably hidden from view. Hydra agents surrounded the premises, some in suits, some in civvies, all with earpieces.

I didn't know much but I knew one thing for sure; I was in trouble.

Immediately I dialed Bruce.

"They're going to recognize me as soon as they see me. How fast can you get someone over here?"

"Everyone's out of town. Screw it. I'm going down there—"

"No, it's too dangerous. Do you remember the program I've been working on?"

"F.A.I.T.H.?"

"Yeah, send her to me."

"What? Why?"

"If they're coming for me then I'll make sure they regret it. I'll explain after."

"You better. You're getting worse than your Dad."

"Awww thanks!"

I hung up, plugged in earbuds then waited for the familiar, "Hello Elizabeth. How may I help you today?"

"Hey Faith... do you remember the Hydra files I uploaded? The ones about the soldiers?"

"Yes I do, what'cha need 'em for?"

"I might need to know the emergency shutdown words for Supergirl."

"No prob, just a second and... it is Sputnik for both soldiers, anything else?"

"Can you call out one of my new prototype suits? Put it on patrol mode and within a five second distance of it's going 50%. Got all that?"

"Yes I did and done."

"Thanks."

"No prob."

She went silent and I scanned the area, if I couldn't get away then I would have to fight. No doubt they didn't tell Supergirl to listen around yet, or else she would've already found me. Somehow they were idiotic enough to not tell her to listen. What idiots.

She was standing in the middle of the street, frozen at attention.

It broke my heart seeing her like that, even though I hadn't seen her in years.

Remind me to have an extremely harsh conversation about that to Fury.

Oh, and Fury's dead by the way— or at least he will be after the next time I'll see him. Supergirl was supposed to be in a S.H.I.E.L.D. facility! Why is she suddenly back with Hydra? Oh I'm going to kill that man.

I snuck into an alleyway, slowly making my way towards the tower.

"Hey F.A.I.T.H.." I murmured, trying my best to be silent.

"What's up?"

"I need a diversion. Can you still control the self-driving car I was working on back home?"

"Do you even have to ask?"

"Right. I forgot, you're sarcastic." I rolled my eyes. "Can you drive it between the fountain and the entrance to the park? Make it all crazy like a drunk driver, but don't hit anything please."

"Anyone?"

"If you hit anyone, they better be Hydra, or I swear."

"Yes ma'am." She laughed.

There was only a few moments before I heard a loud screech.

The agents reached for their guns. If there were any civilians they sure didn't act like civilians, which terrified me, how'd they clear the entire area of civilians? This was New York for God's sakes!

The vehicle (a black car with tinted windows) sped around the corner, causing a lot of the agents to dive out of the way. I took the opportunity to make a break for it, running as fast as I could toward the tower.

Shots rang out as they tried to hit me. Someone got a lucky shot, I went down.

"Bruce." I pulled out my phone and dialed his number.

"Are you out yet?" He breathed.

"Bruce I got shot." I managed to speak.

"What? Where?" He demanded.

"My leg— I can't run back to the tower like this. I'll see you in maybe twenty minutes— be ready please. I think it nicked my Femoral." I hung up before he could reply. "Faith, I need you."

"What's up?" She questioned.

"I need the suit. Once I'm in it get it to the tower med bay as soon as possible. I think the bullet hit an artery."

"Okay Elizabeth."

One woosh later and the suit came down next to me.

I tried to step forward on my bad leg and fell into the suit. As soon as it closed around me it blasted off toward the tower.

"Oh my god." Bruce caught me as I stumbled and fell into his arms.

"I think it's still in there." I groaned in pain, not even able to hold my own weight. "I've gotta— I'm gonna—"

My world went black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woah, guys.

8,000 READS

Holy-- woah, just woah.

I'm so proud of this story and how far it's come, and everyone that's ready is and voted on it and commented, you guys don't even know how much that means to me!

Well, I'm getting close to what I have pre-written.... so, if anyone has any requests or ideas of different stuff I can add to this story to keep it going, I'm all ears!

As always,

READ

COMMENT

FOLLOW

VOTE

SHARE

AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF

SEE YOU NEXT TIME!