Chapter fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I was walking home from work, hoping that my father wouldn't be angry at me or drunk once I got home.

"Are you the girl that found Iron Man?" Captain America murmured to me so that no one else would hear.

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around. "What?"

"Are you the girl that found Iron Man? His assistant?"

"Why do you want to know Captain Rogers?"

"He's— wait, how do you know my name?"

"That doesn't matter." I shook my head. "What do you want?"

"I need you to track him again."

"I— I have to get home, my father'll kill me if I'm late." I slowly started to walk away.

"Supergirl's with him." He called after me.

I froze again.

"Where can I work?"

"Come on." He started walking toward the direction of Avenger Tower.

I had to nearly jog to stay anywhere close to the super soldier.

He brought me into the magnificent building and directed me into the labs where he insisted on watching me work apparently he 'didn't want any funny business'. His words, not mine.

I already knew the name of his suit, it was The Enforcer, I had helped make it.

"Good evening Ms. Hunter." J.A.R.V.I.S. greeted me.

"J.A.R.V.I.S., we've been over this." I sighed.

"Yes ma'am." The A.I. almost sounded disappointed.

I laughed and sat down, pulling out my laptop.

Mr. Rogers watched in wonder at what I was doing, I guess he still didn't understand modern technology. I could feel him wanting to ask me what the heck I was doing so I spoke.

"Right now I'm hacking into the Iron Man suit, if I get this right I'll have his location right about... Oh my God."

"What? What is it?" Mr. Rogers jolted up.

"I got his location, the exact coordinates."

"Then what's the problem?"

"Communications are down, his helmet's completely smashed. Nothing's working."

"Dammit." He growled. "Tell me the coordinates."

I told him and he assembled the rest of the Avengers. Then they all just took off.

"Uhh... J.A.R.V.I.S.?" I looked toward the ceiling.

"Yes Elizabeth?"

"Are any of the doors locked?"

"No ma'am."

"So... can I leave?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay, see you tomorrow." I shouldered my backpack and started to leave.

"See you tomorrow."

Once I snuck in, I wish I hadn't come home at all. And I live in a mansion, so that's pretty hard to say.

I snuck all the way to the kitchen before my father made himself known.

Oh Lord help me. His drunken hands held a bottle of alcohol, what the alcohol was, I have no idea... but it was bad.

Sadly, I knew what was coming next, I just hoped that Sky knew first aid, I hated giving myself stitches.

What would be story be this time? I would probably just stick to the regular BS and say it was a street fight or that someone mugged me.

Turns out, Sky doesn't know first aid. I was forced to sit on the counter in the bathroom and stare into a mirror while I stiched myself up. It wasn't fun.

But at least Mr. Stark was safe... right? Or would the Avengers not get to him in time? Could he already be dead? I tried not to think about it, the more I thought about it, the more my imagination would enforce it.