Chapter thirty two

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

"Thank you!" I hugged Dad.

We walked over to the elevator and went down to what most people would call an interrogation room. The Avengers were already in the room, watching whoever was in there.

"No way, that can't be..." I stared at the girl in horror.

No way could this be Supergirl, it just couldn't.

No longer were her eyes a bright green, unknowing of how cruel the world could be. They were now a faded and pained green, sunken, and abused. Knowing more than most how cruel the world can be.

Her darkened blonde hair was in a tight braid, streaked with blood.

Holsters for guns and knives were on multiple parts of her body, ready to fight at a moment's notice. Her skirt torn and beat up, her sleeves cut off to reveal metal arms, on her right arm was a dark red Hydra symbol, her left arm was a simple dark red star.

This couldn't be Supergirl. My old friend and protector whittled down to... to this.

"This is Hydra's newest experiment?" Wanda questioned, walking up behind me.

"No, this is Klinge Der Nacht, Hydra's newest me. Previously known as Supergirl. Hydra's newest experiment is in the lab, poor girl named Alivia. Bruce is keeping an eye on her." Bucky walked up to the glass, a pained and pitiful look on his face.

"She doesn't look like she aged, at all." I pointed out.

"That's because she didn't. Cryogenic freezing is a horrible and cruel process... Where's Stark?"

"He's going to go talk to—" I pointed to inside of the room.

"He can't do that. She was wiped just over twenty four hours ago. And she has a head injury."

As if on cue Supergirl stood up, using the wall as support, groaning in pain.

Once she steadied herself she put a hand to the wall then pulled her other hand back.

"Is she—?" I started.

"It appears so." Wanda nodded as Supergirl punched the wall with all of her might.

Though she was dazed, the punch still shook the building.

"Shouldn't we be stopping her?" I questioned.

"I don't think we can." Clint laughed.

"We're just lucky that she wasn't ordered to try and escape, this is just out of pure fear." Bucky remarked. "Maybe I should be the first person to—"

"Whatever method of torture you intend on using on me will not work." Supergirl growled, interrupting Bucky.

My eyes shot toward the room, Dad was standing near the doorway, facing Supergirl.

"I cannot watch this." Thor shook his head. "I shall watch the fluffy one with Dr. Banner."

"You probably shouldn't see this either." Natasha looked to me.

"That's not really a suggestion, right?" I sighed.

"Come on, you can help me interrogate the man."

I sighed, but shrugged. "Fine."

When we made it to the man's cell he was sitting there, a smug look on his face. I bet he wouldn't have that look on his face if he knew how much I wanted to beat the crap out of him for hurting Supergirl.

As soon as we got anywhere near the cell I could hear a soft humming. The song I recognised.

"I refuse to believe that Hydra watches Disney."

"He's taunting us. The song's from Pinocchio, right?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"He's calling Supergirl Hydra's puppet."

As we got closer the song continued, I started to remember the words.

I've got no strings

To hold me down

To make me fret or make me frown

I had strings

But now I'm free

I've got no strings on me.

When we entered, Natasha asked some questions, I stayed off to the side.

Watching and waiting for the right moment. My hand clutching a gun behind my back that Natasha didn't know about just in case he tried any funny business.

"Hey, you're... you're the Inventor's daughter, right?" The man questioned me.

I raised an eyebrow.

"No. As far as S.H.I.E.L.D. is aware the Inventor had no children." I shook my head.

"Oh, yes. He talks about you quite a lot, the traitor."

"You need to shut up." Natasha ordered, pulling out one of her guns and aiming it at the man's head.

He smirked, unfazed by the loaded weapon.

"You wouldn't dare hurt me in front of a child." He sneered.

Natasha threw me a glance, knowing that she truly didn't want to scar me by beating someone in front of me.

Please, like I haven't witnessed (and taken) a beating before.

I let out a laugh, bringing out my gun and pressed the barrel against the man's temple.

"I don't see any children here. Only an idiotic man who thinks I don't have the balls to shoot him." I smiled, loading the gun.