Chapter twenty nine

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

I wasn't supposed to make it out of surgery, or at least that's what I heard. Adults argue too loudly.

I always have someone in the room with me, when it's not an Avenger it's someone else, a man I think? I can't be sure, I'm still a little out of it.

No one wanted to leave my side, too scared that that might be the last time they ever saw me, I guess that's what happens when you're in critical condition, no one wants to leave you.

Dad and Bruce stayed the most, but everyone visited. Sadly most of the time I was unconscious.

One day a letter was placed on the tray in front of me, I didn't see who left it there, but to be honest it could've been anyone. Dad was asleep in a chair next to my hospital bed.

I slit the letter open and started to read.

"Dear Elizabeth,

With great sadness I invite you to the funeral of my son, Robbie Moore. I understand that you may not be able to attend due to your condition, and you may not want to attend due to how Robbie died. But if it is at all possible for you to attend and say a few words about my son that would be extremely appreciated.

The Funeral is to be held on March eighth at 2:00 pm at the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Home."

I set the handwritten letter down as a silent tear rolled down my face, I couldn't believe Robbie was dead.

He never did anything.

I had to go.

It was only in a few days.

A jolt of pain shot through my stomach, I dropped the note and sat back, I needed something to distract me.

"Where's— oh there it is." I slipped Dad's phone from his jacket pocket.

I hummed as I hacked into Bucky's arm. Now I could hear everything.

"You should sleep, there is training tomorrow." A familiar voice spoke, though I couldn't put my finger on who it was.

"Do you remember anything about your previous life?" Bucky questioned.

"I have no previous life."

"Yes you do, you have to remember—"

"Go to sleep. The Inventor wants us refreshed for tomorrow."

Wait, the Inventor? No, it couldn't be, it had to be someone else... It had to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's up guys! Wow, it's been a pretty crazy few weeks!

Okay, I have a deal for you guys. If we get to two thousand reads by the time I check this story on Monday I'll go on an updating spree (possibly up to even chapter 35)

So, what do you guys think?

As always,

Comment,

Share, 

Vote, 

And keep on reading!

Peace out!