Chapter eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Her heart beat's spiking!" Bruce yelled.

I yelled in pain and jumped up, I punched the closest thing, the table I had been laying on.

The table shattered and collapsed.

Dr. Banner stared at me in fear and disbelief.

I panted and wiped the sweat from my forehead.

"Well, that was awesome and terrifying, but mostly awesome." The Man of Iron laughed.

"What were you yelling about?" A woman stepped out of the darkness, Black Widow.

"I did not yell." I muttered.

"Yeah you did kid." Man of Iron eyed me.

"I do not know what you are speaking of."

"You yelled something, Hydra's the only word I could make out."

"It does not matter." I desperately tried to change the subject.

"I think it does matter, if you're Hydra then—" Captain America stepped out of the shadows.

"I am not evil." I cut the Colorful One off.

"Come on Capsicle, I found her tied to a chair, beaten nearly to death." Iron Man laughed.

"It could be a set up."

"It's not a set up."

"How do you know?"

"He knows my human." I spoke up.

"Your 'human'?" Captain of America eyed me.

"Yes."

"I don't even know what to say to that." He sighed and shook his head.

"You are thinking slavery? I would do nothing of the sort, humans would call it friendship. I would call her an ally."

Black Widow just started laughing. "I think I'll like this one."

I smiled. "And I will try not to anger you, I am quite fond of your work."

"My work?" She questioned.

"You are an admirable assassin."

"How could you possibly know—"

"My human."

The Man of Iron shook his head, "How did Hydra find you?"

"The other group that kidnapped me must have accidentally leaked my location to the Hydra."

"What other group?" The Captain of America stepped forward.

"The guys that kidnapped you when I tried to talk to you?" Man of Iron ignored the colorful one.

"Yes. It seems they have some sort of human technology that can replicate your skin."

"Like what?"

"When I held my hand against his throat it flickered and disappeared."

"Like a collar?"

"It was connected to his life force, he had no technology on his throat, only my hand. When his breathing slowed, the suit flickered, when his heart slowed it died away. The boy was weak, the ones that are controlling him will not let that happen again, I assure you that."

"How can you be sure?"

"They are not idiots, the boy threatened me and you can bet everything that I am going to get revenge, and if he cannot handle me choking him with one hand then I would very much enjoy seeing him take a punch from me."