Chapter forty six

CHAPTER FORTY SIX

Bruce nodded slowly, then froze.

"No, no, you can't—"

"I can and I will." I breathed and walked over the the cabinet that held my weapons.

"If you're going to the house then let me come, for your protection." Bucky stood up.

"No way. The last thing we need right now is the Winter Soldier."

Without another word I loaded my gun, hid it and headed toward the door.

"How are you going to get there?" Bruce questioned.

"Running. Just like the old days."

"That'll take too long."

"I can make it there in ten minutes. Plus he'll kill everyone if he sees you."

Bruce went silent, not knowing how to respond. I pulled my hair into a quick ponytail and took off running.

"Hello, honey. Long time no see." My old father hissed.

The room was terrifying.

Hydra agents guarded the doors, I had been allowed in by force, almost dragged in. The Avengers that weren't unconscious had guns trained on their heads. Hunter was standing over Natasha, a syringe pressed against her neck.

"Wish it was longer." I grumbled.

"Take away her gun." He ordered his men.

One agent surged forward and took the gun out of my waistband, then carefully handed it to Hunter.

"So, you were going to try and shoot me." He took the gun and examined it.

"No. I wasn't going to try. I was going to shoot you wherever it would hurt most." I growled.

"You wouldn't shoot your father. You're weak—"

"No. You taught me to be weak so you could attack someone that was too stupid to know that they should've killed you when they had a chance. And you are not my father."

"Oh darling, it's adorable when you think you're strong. Get her to her knees." He ordered.

The agent came forward again and forced me to my knees.

"Take this. Don't let either of those two move." He pointed to Natasha and Clint, who was also being held with a gun to his head, and he forced the syringe into a nearby guard's hand, motioning for him to press it against Natasha's vein as he had done.

He walked over to me and loaded the gun.

"You said you were going to shoot me?" He raised an eyebrow and ran a finger over the gun.

"Wherever it hurts most." I growled, looking him in the eyes.

My heart dropped as he pressed the gun against my skull and dad struggled against the agent holding him.

"You wouldn't shoot me. You're too much of a coward." I growled.

He fired a shot that just narrowly missed my skull.

"You missed." I smirked, hiding the terror.

He whacked me in the head with the gun, sending me to the ground.

"Elizabeth!" Dad yelled.

"I'm fine." I grumbled, and looked Hunter back in the eyes. "I should've killed you the first time I had the chance."

He went for my head again but I activated my bracelet, which created a forcefield like Steve's shield semi attached to my arm.

I swung it at his head, he growled and the guards aimed their guns at me allowing the Avengers to go into action. Hunter didn't notice, he dodged the shield and kicked my wrist so hard that the shield disappeared and I could feel my wrist break. He tackled me and easily took me down with my small stature.