Chapter nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN

For the third day in a row I called off of work, and summer was coming to an end.

I was too scared to show my face in public, my father had been getting angrier, so I had stitches on multiple parts of my face and bruises on my cheeks.

Well, let's just skip to when I was positive I was going to get punished.

I was working in my room when I heard a knock on the door. I jumped up and ran to get it.

"Mr. Stark?" I murmured, my eyes widened in horror and I opened the door. "You can't be here." I told the man.

"What the hell happened to you?" He gaped at my stitches.

"N-Nothing. You can't be here. You have to go before—"

"Who the hell is at the door?" My father entered the room, froze, and pulled out a gun. "Get your ass away from her, Stark." He aimed at Mr. Stark's chest.

"Put away the gun, please, you don't need to shoot anyone." I tried to calm him down.

"Get away from the door, Bitch." He growled.

Mr. Stark just watched in a sort of horrified trance.

"Put down the gun and I'll get rid of him." I offered.

"Traitor." He spat.

"Please, just put the gun down." I begged. "He'll leave, I promise."

"Oh, he's not leaving." My Father's eyes sparkled.

Oh god, I hated that sparkle.

It always meant pain was coming.

"Come on in, Stark." He motioned with the gun for Mr. Stark to come inside.

Mr. Stark glanced at me.

"Don't look at her." My Father snarled. "Get your ass in here and sit down."

Mr. Stark stepped inside, oh god, why didn't he just run?

"Shut the door and go to your room traitor." My Father ordered.

I did as he said.