Chapter thirty five

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

"You okay?" Bruce questioned once he saw my face.

I swear at times (most of the time) he's a better father figure than dad.

"I'm fine." I lied, nodding.

"No you're not." He sighed and walked over, "No you're not."

"I know." I let out a small, half-hearted laugh and hugged him.

He hugged me as well, I was still so short compared to him. Like when we had first met, though I had grown a little since then.

"You are all so strange." Supergirl walked over and sat on the stool.

"No, we're the strange ones." Alivia came over and sat next to her.

She shrugged.

"Why're they acting so... normal?" Bruce questioned.

The two girls held up their opposite hands, on their separate wrists were what looked like bracelets, but I knew better.

"Just taking their weapons and something of my own invention." I laughed, wiping the tears away.

"It is quite remarkable, it seems you have the same thought process at the Inventor." Supergirl eyed me.

"Isn't that the guy you attacked? The one that examined us?" Alivia looked to her.

"Yes." She nodded.

"You attacked my— the Inventor?" I leaned forward.

"Yes, But I do not remember much of it."

"How— How is that possible?"

"She was wiped, he started asking questions—" Alivia started.

"I acted out of orders." Supergirl cut her off.

"You act out of your own free will." I sighed.

The girl sighed and crossed her arms, she seemed thankful that I didn't take them.

"Technically yes, but orders are orders." Alivia shrugged.

"Neither of you work for Hydra or the Inventor anymore." I reminded them both.

"Well, Technically—"

"You could be a lawyer with all of those technicalities." Dad walked in, a coffee in hand.

Alivia clenched her fist and her claws started to emerge from between her fingers.

"And you could be an alcoholic with all of those drinks, oh wait, you already are." She shot.

"Oh, feisty!" He smirked and took a sip.

Before I could do anything to stop her, Alivia launched herself at dad. He hadn't even reacted before Supergirl grabbed her by the leg and pulled her back, then sat her down and glared at her.

"If you insist upon making an otherwise peaceful force hostile then you should expect the force to attack." Supergirl huffed.

Dad just huffed, then sat his mug down and turned to Bruce.

"Can I talk to you about that, uh project?" He murmured.

"Yeah, sure." He nodded.

"What project?" I questioned.

"Nothing." Dad shrugged.

I sighed, I wanted to pry further but I was taught from a young age that curiosity is dangerous... and painful.

That night we all gathered for dinner, but a few people were missing, namely Bucky, Supergirl, and Alivia.

"I'll go find them." I stood up.

"It's fine, let's just eat." Steve insisted.

Just over half an hour later I searched the tower for Supergirl.

Finally I heard her, but I wasn't seen.