Chapter Twenty Five

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

I wiped the blood and sweat from my forehead, then kept fighting just as they had told me to. For hours I had been doing the same motions, jab, dodge, slash, stab, dodge. Over and over, if I messed up they would punish me.

Over and over, the same motions, same style, same man yelling at me to do it again, this time better.

This time quicker.

This time don't hesitate.

This time on a person.

Don't hesitate.

Go faster.

Better.

Keep going.

Use your flight!

Use your strength!

Make your enemy fear you!

He kept repeating the same thing over and over, "Not as good as the Winter Soldier."

Throughout all of the blood they forced me to spill, their power over me strengthened.

Someone was coming today, that's all they told me.

Next thing I know a little girl, no older than ten was being escorted into the base, I could see her fear.

"Klinge Der Nacht." The usual man came up to me during training.

"Yes sir." I nodded.

"We have a new mission for you," He motioned for me to walk with him toward the training area. "to protect and watch the newest experiment. If she attempts to escape then you are to redirect her. Is that understood?" He continued.

"Yes sir." I nodded.

He stopped once we were in the middle of the training room, I stopped next to him and we waited for the experiment to come with their current handler.

A few moments later a group of three men walked in, each of them taking turns of who got to push the girl next.

She was pushed into the room and pulled her to her feet.

Her dark green eyes were faded, she had been kidnapped just a short while ago, but her curly brown hair was already shaking. As was she.

"Your prisoner." The tallest, most muscular man pushed the girl forward.

I grabbed her before she could hit the ground, but didn't speak any words of encouragement.

Much to my displeasure she tried to run away. So, I pulled her back.

"Escort her to her... room while we speak." The man ordered.

"Yes sir." I nodded.

Without the slightest bit of emotion I grabbed the helpless girl's arm and started pulling her toward the room they had set up for her just across the hall from my own prison.

"At least tell me your name and why I'm here!" She called after me as I shut the door.

I froze and opened the door again.

"You are an experiment and it is best if you do not fight or try to escape."

"Well who're you, are you an experiment?" She motioned to my metal arms.

"I am not an experiment, just a tool."

"What should I call you?"

"Whatever my handler tells you to. Now get some rest while you still can. If you need anything I will be across the hall."

She nodded and sat down, though I could see a hint of mischievous thoughts in her eyes.

She will learn to comply.

But for now she can and will fight.

I just wish I could tell her that there's no use in fighting.

Why fight a battle if you know it'll only be pain and bloodshed, then you'll lose?

It's not courage, it's not being a hero. It's stupidity.

"Sir, I thought the training session was over." The door shut behind me.

"It is. I just wanted for you to understand that little Alivia over there is your responsibility. Whatever she does or says, you are held accountable."

"Yes sir." I nodded.

"Good. Make sure she trusts you, or else she's of no use to us."

"Yes sir."

He nodded and left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH MY GOODNESS ONE THOUSAND READS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!

Oh my goodness I love you guys so much. That's so awesome. Please keep it up!

School is coming up (ugh) but I'll try to keep updating.

You guys are just-- wow. When I first saw it I kept reloading the page because I thought it was a glitch!

Thank you guys so, so much, that's amazing.

So, please like, follow, vote, share, and all that jazz! And I'll see you next time!