Chapter six

CHAPTER SIX

I didn't look on Fire Island very long, as soon as I got there I started sneaking toward the coordinates I had written down earlier.

I spotted two men in black suits, both heavily armed. They were pushing a boy in a red and blue skin-tight suit down the street, toward the coordinates of Iron Man. He was limping horribly, wincing with every step.

"Keep going, spider boy." One of the men growled.

The boy defended himself but the man threatened to shoot him again. They must've used a lot of force when they attacked him, he looked really beat up and he was leaving a trail of blood in his midst.

I followed them until one of them pulled out a key card and approached a door.

"Don't you know it's not nice to kidnap people?" I descended in front of them but didn't touch the ground, I hovered two or three feet off of the ground.

They hit the boy down then pulled their guns on me, they shot at me but I dropped my cube just in time. I deactivated my cube for a split second and I pointed the palm of my hand at them. One deafening bang later and I was floating next to a crater, both men unconscious, they must've dove off to the side right before I fired.

Alarms started blaring, lights flashed.

"Go." I told the boy, who I had shielded from the blast with my cube.

"I-I can't. I've l-lost too m-much b-blood." He stuttered.

"Okay, fine." I sighed and pulled him over to a building.

Men surrounded me. I tossed the cube in front of the boy then I flew into the crater where the door had been.

The scene inside was horrific. Cages everywhere, each one held a different hero.

I had grown up being taught that these people should be in cages, and in prisons. Now I was one of those people. Now it just seemed cruel.

I started blasting cages open.

These were the people I had grown up studying. Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow. I knew all of their backstories, their real names. All of it. Every single detail of their lives.

Some of them were too weak to even stand up, the others helped them then got out of here as quickly as possible. The only person that didn't leave was Captain Rogers, Aka, Captain America.

"Where's Stark?" He demanded.

"Who?" I eyed him.

"Iron Man." He hurriedly explained.

"I will search for him. Get everyone out of here." I ordered then rushed away to find Iron Man.

Searching through numerous rooms, finally I came across one room, an Iron Man suit was collapsed in the corner.

"Are you Iron Man?" I asked.

"This is Iron Man but he is unconscious." The suit answered.

"Who is speaking?"

"My name is J.A.R.V.I.S.."

"So the man of Iron can make metal speak, interesting." I walked over to the suit and wrapped one of the arms around my neck.

I flew to Stark Tower with Iron Man in my arms. Once we got there I laid him on a bench near the rear of the building, I would get him in the morning. Then I flew back to the Island, made sure all of the superheros were gone, then I helped out the boy.

"Pick up the cube!" I yelled through the force field.

He slowly nodded then picked up the cube.

I stepped forward and didn't get thrown backwards. I quickly pocketed the cube and picked up the boy.

"Are you strong enough to change into different clothes?" I asked.

He nodded. "I think so."

"Good, I will be taking you to a medical building."

"Forest hills, New York." He breathed.

"Okay, there is a medical building near there."

He changed into regular clothes, though he refused to remove his mask.

"I will tell them that you were in a an alley fight. That should suffice."

He nodded and I took him to the hospital.

"Where were you?" My father demanded as I sat down for dinner.

"At work, why?" I eyed him.

"No reason." He eyed me but slowly continued eating.

After that the night just started going downhill. I don't really want to talk about it.