Chapter 29

I wake up from three light knocks on the door. The time is just over three in the morning and Conor is still fast asleep on his side beside me. I'm basically naked apart from my knickers, I pull Conors hoodie over my head on my way to the door. Its Joe and I open the door as quiet as possible trying not to wake Conor up.
A swift of alcohol hit me and I grimace.

- Why are you still up, have something happened, I say spotting Joe's anxiety.

- Its Jack, he's gone, Anna I'm so worried, Joe say almost crying.

- Calm down Joe, you're very drunk, go to bed now and we'll talk about this tomorrow when you've sobered up a bit, I say trying not to freak out because of the fact that Jack's gone.

- But..Joe start

- You know how he is Joe, don't start worrying about it, I say leading him over to his room.

After a few minutes trying to convince Joe I'm finally able to go back to bed, debating on wether I should wake Conor up or not. I decide to just tell him in the morning and go back to sleep.

Conors P.O.V

Its the day, the 26:th of October, the day Anna's turning twenty. I'm wide awake thinking of all the exciting stuff I've got planned for today, starting with a walk in the park, eating lunch and then dinner, topping it of with private karaoke with everyone in the evening.

- Oh, sleeping beauty has awakened, I say looking at Anna doing her morning stretch.

- Stop being so cheesy Con, Anna say smiling at me.

I pull her into a hug wrapping my arms around her waist.

- Happy birthday gorgeous, I say giving her kiss.

- Thank you Con, she say with a relaxed voice.

- Are you ready for all the things I've planned today, I say into her hair.

- Of course I am, Anna say and laugh a bit.

Anna rest her head on my bare chest letting her brown hair spread out over me.

- What's the time, Con, Anna say sounding a bit stressed.

- Just over ten, why so stressed, I say wondering why she just asked me about the time.

Anna's P.O.V

I sit up in bed and grab my phone from the bedside table. I've got a couple of missed calls from last night, two from Joe and one from Jack. That's when I remember what happened yesterday.

- I need to call Joe. I say as Conor spot my stressed look.

- What's wrong, have something happened, Conor say and sit up in bed.

- I'll tell you, just let me do this phone call, I say dialing Joe's number.

Tone after tone goes by before he answer with a groggy, hoarse hungover voice.

"Hi, I'm just calling about last night, you remember" I say

"No, I actually don't, Anna I was drunk as fuck" Joe say making me question if it was actually a good idea not talking about it last night.

"I know you were drunk Joe, but it is kind of serious, is Jack with you now" I ask trying to sort out the situation.

- What are you talking about, Con ask looking at me with worried eyes.

- Its just Jack, I'll tell you when I'm finished with Joe, I say and go back to the phone call.

"Joe I need to go can I call you back in a couple of minutes" I say hoping he'll take it well.

"No, please come over I'm feeling really bad, Anna please" Joe say making me feel bad.

"Okay I'll be there in a couple of minutes" I say jumping out of bed searching for something to wear.

- I need to go over to Joe for a bit, I'll be back soon gorgeous, I say and give him a kiss.

I open the door and take the three steps across the corridor to Joe and Jack's room. I knock three times without anything happening.

- Joe it's not funny, are you okay, I shout at the door.

"Suprise!"

I turn around and spot Jack, Joe and Emily bit down the corridor. Jack and Joe holding a camera each.

- Happy birthday gorgeous, Conor shout and come running out of our room, giving me a hug in just a white t-shirt and his boxers.

- Did you knew this as well, if so I'm getting you back so bad, I say  laughing.

I walk up to the others and Joe's literally lying on the floor laughing.

- Really funny guys, Joe I was actually worried about you there, I say giving Jack a hug.

- Happy birthday you little peanut, Jack say whilst hugging me.

- So what actually happened last night, I ask looking at Joe.

- Don't look at me I can't even remember, Joe say looking at me from the floor.

- Joe lost a odds on and had to go to yours saying something stupid, Emily say looking at Jack 

- So you weren't actually gone, I say looking at Jack.

- Probably not, Jack say laughing.

- Okay let's give Anna her gift then guys, Conor say from behind.

- Oh yeah I forgot, Jack say and run back to his room to get something.

Conor wrap his arms around me and hug me from behind, resting his chin on my right shoulder.

- You're not even ready for this, Conor say lifting me up from the ground.

Jack come back with a large box covered in sparkling, golden wrapping paper.

- Take this first, Jack say and hand be a envelope with my name on it. It's a personalised card with my face  photoshoped into a peanut. The boys use to always call me peanut so it makes sense.

- I made it, Joe say sounding really proud and the others start laughing.

I open it and start reading out loud.

To our little peanut. Happy twentieth birthday. We love you even though it doesn't look like it sometimes.

Love from the buttercreams, Conor, Jack, Josh, Caspar, Joe, Oli and Mikey.

- Oh thank you guys, it's really sweet, I say feeling very emotional.

- You haven't opened the best thing yet, just wait for it, Joe say handing me the box.

I sit down on the floor unwrapping the present. I open the cardboard box and the secret is revealed. I look down and spot a brand new Camera, a tripod and a microphone.

- Guys this is too much, I'm gonna cry, I say covering my mouth in shock.

- Don't please, that would be really awkward, Joe say

- Do you like it, Conor say looking at me.

- If I like it, of course, you guys are the best, I say and stand up to give everyone a hug.

"So guys we just surprised Anna on her birthday, this is what we got her" Joe say to his camera

"I'll leave her link in the description, go and subscribe to her and you'll probably see us in some of the videos" Joe say and en the clip

- Okay I want to film a video now lets all do a big collab, I say picking up the box from the floor.

- How much do you pay me, Conor say with an american accent and everyone laugh.

- You'll get a kiss, I say and start walking back to the room.