Chapter 43

I wake up from three light knocks on my bedroom door and then Jack's cheery voice.

"Good morning sleepyhead, I'm heading out for a meeting but should be back in a few hours. There's food in the fridge and be up before I come back because I've got plans for later"

Sighing do I nod and he smile before closing the door again, leaving me all alone in his flat.

Sluggishly do I grab my phone from the bedside table to check if I've got any text or missed calls from Conor, it wasn't unusual for him to forget about the timezones and call me in the middle of the night but today there's nothing apart from some twitter mentions that I've got to go through.

I close my eyes slowly and let my head fall back to the soft pillow, tomorrow there's only two weeks left until I get to see him again. Me and Jack had booked a flight a few days ago and I am beyond excited.

For about twenty minutes do I lie in bed, doubting about calling him or not, he usually work late nights and the time isn't more than just over two in LA but I blow it off, he needed to work and I shouldn't be distracting him.

It was a nice day outside, I couldn't lie about that but still do I feel too tired to pull myself out of bed to go and have some breakfast. The days and nights without Conor had been rough, falling asleep alone and waking up with the space next to me cold. I missed how his arms use to wrap around me and how his soft lips use to kiss mine. Once again do I sigh, turning to my side, studying the small boats out on the Thames. Jack lived just close enough for you to see the brownish water that flooded through London and unlike me and Conor did he actually have a pretty decent view, one of the few things I'd actually enjoyed whilst living with my boyfriend's younger brother.

I sit up on the end of the bed, my hair falling loosely down over my shoulders as I pull it out from the bun that I've been sleeping with. My light brown curls are slightly knotty so I grab the hairbrush from the floor next to my current makeup situation, a simple washbag with everything I needed all in a right mess. Slowly do I pull the brush through my hair before a plait it into two braids, watching myself in the whole length mirror stood across the room.

The soft sunlight is beaming in through the window in the living room joint kitchen and I walk over to the fridge. After I've made myself a cup of coffee and grabbed an apple from the rather empty fridge do I walk over to the sofa to sit down, waiting for Jack to get back from his meeting.

This was usually how my days went by, Jack went away for meetings and I waited, he get home and we eat lunch before either meeting up with the boys or just lazily laying around not doing much, waiting for the time to go by quicker.

............

"Can you just tell me where we're going"

Jack smile towards me and turn left in the next crossing.

"No, you'll have to wait to find out"

Sighing do I go back to leaning my head against the side window.

He'd told me to wear trainers and clothes I wouldn't mind getting dirty and it had made me suspicious. I needed to know and just as I'm about to turn to him and ask again do he pull over.

"Sainsbury's? Jack, what is going on?"

Jack doesn't answer, he just opens the door and step out onto the road, leaving me to do the same.

"You gonna tell me or not?"

I jog after him as he grab a trolley from outside the shop and shake his head teasingly.

"I hate you, you know that yeah?"

He just laugh it off and walk in through the doors, me following him closely.