Chapter 40

"Let's go out and do something"

Conor look at me from where he's sitting on the sofa. The time was just over four in the afternoon and we'd literally just woken up. The past two weeks had been tough, neither me or Conor had gotten much sleep to be honest, mostly because of Conor being in constant pain from his fractured ankle which had caused him to keep me up at night too. He'd insisted that I slept in the guestroom but I felt less anxious with him near me and therefore suffered with him. This also meant my sessions with Zoe in Brighton had been put off for a good few weeks, she'd been busy with stuff outside YouTube and hasn't had the time to drive up to London to meet me here instead.

"Are you thinking of something in specific?"

I stop reading the comments that have been left on my latest video and place my phone down on the wooden dinner table. I'd just put the video up and my Mac is spreading a soft light in the now quite dark living room.

"No I just want to spend some time with you, maybe go round Jack's for a bit"

My heart melt when he says it, he's always been the sweetest and I loved how he would just let these words slip out.

"Why can't we just stay here?"

My anxiety had a tight grip around me and just thinking about walking along the pavements in London during rush-hour made my heart race in my chest.

"Come on Ans, I haven't been able to properly walk anywhere in two weeks"

I sigh, he's too stubborn and Zoe's words ring over and over again in my head; You need to face your fears or you'll never improve.

"Okay, I'll come just let me get changed"

I stand up from the chair I've been sat on for the past two hours and stretch out my stiff back. Our shared bedroom is situated in the end of the corridor from the kitchen and I begin to walk when Conor come, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. He lean his chin on my right shoulder and walk with me to the room.

"Joe's at Jack's so you'll meet him too"

Conor pull his Nike hoodie over his head leaving him standing topless with his tracksuit bottoms hanging low on his hips revealing a small part of his white boxers. I could stand and watch him for hours but I quickly look away, now's not the time. Conor giggle quietly for himself as he spot me blushing.

"It's okay Ans, I know I'm attractive"

I button up my jeans and pull on a soft jumper before walking over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He bend his neck down and kiss my forehead softly. The sparks go wild inside my body as he connects his lips onto mine, kissing me passionately. Conor pull away way too soon for my own preference and he just smirk at me standing their feeling like it was unfinished.

"We'll continue tonight, it's been awhile since we last did something"

I nod and peck his lips one last time before he pull me out of the apartment.

The London traffic is as busy as I expected, people stressing about running towards busses and undergrounds to get home to their loved ones in time. I stay close to Conor's side, my grip tight around his hand, Zoe's words constantly repeating in my head. Why did this always happen.

.........

We take the lift up to Jack's floor, Conor's holding the brown paperbags containing a Nando's takeout that we'd picked up on the way over.

"You okay?"

Conor look up from his phone, concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine, just tired"

Being anxious made me exhausted, I just dazed out, not caring about the world around me. Conor's just about to say something when the liftdoors open giving me a reason to not have to try and convince him about I'm actually being alright.

I knock on Jack's apartment door and you can clearly hear him and Joe having heated discussions over something that must be really important.

"It's probably unlocked"

Conor push the doorhandle down, letting the thick brown door slide open revealing Jack and Joe on Jack's grey sofa in the middle of an intense game of FIFA.

"WTF the game fucked up!"

Jack yell and both me and Conor giggle from the hallway.

"A bad builder blames his tools Jack"

Jack just rolls his eyes at Conor's comment and make room for me and Conor on the sofa. I lean against Conor's shoulder, watching Joe and Jack finish off their game.

.........

"I'm going down to Brighton tomorrow, you guys wanna come?"

Jack nudge Conor's arm to get his attention.

"Mm maybe, what do you think Ans?"

Conor look up from his phone and as much as I want to just stay home do I know that it's stuff like this that'll help me get better.

"If you want"

Conor nod and look at Jack.

"Okay I'll drive us down tomorrow then, we'll come by here and pick you up at like eleven or something"

Jack flung his legs up on his coffee table, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Sounds good, now let's eat, I'm starving"

Conor stand up and bring the Nando's over to the sofa from the kitchen counter together with some plates and cutlery.

"The cheid has outdone himself once again"

Joe rub his hands together and lick his lips when the food torn up in front of him.

"Oh god Joe, I mean if a simple Nando's can make your day then I'll take all the cred for it"

Conor sit down beside me again and his arm finds its way around my waist like always does, me leaning my head against his shoulder, yawning.

"Tired?"

He lean his chin on my head.

"Mm, a little bit"

The truth is that I'm exhausted, I've got a dull headache and all I really wants to do is go to bed.