Chapter 38

Anna's P.O.V

I wake up and spot Conor lying wide awake beside me in bed. It just mean one thing, he hasn't slept a lot tonight. Usually he would sleep to at least ten and if he didn't there was either a meeting or some other event he had to get up to, now he was just lying there effortlessly, staring at the ceiling.

He has experienced this a lot recently and I'm kinda worried about it. He has always had trouble sleeping but he's at least been able to get more than half an hour's sleep per night.

I shuffle closer to him and rest my head against his bare chest. He slowly stroke the top of my head before he lean down to kiss me.

"You should see someone about it"

I roll over on my side and draw circles on his stomach with my fingers.

"About what?"

He try to look confused but I know he knows what I'm talking about.

"Your sleeping patterns, you'll get outstraind if you continue sleeping less than an hour a night"

He sighs before putting his phone down on the bedside table.

"You worry too much gorgeous, I've been suffering with insomnia for as long as I can remember and I'm totally fine, I promise you that I'll go to someone if it doesn't pass like it use to"

I look at his beautiful face but all I can see is the prominent dark circles underneath his bloodshot eyes. It hurts seeing him like this, he isn't his happy self anymore.

"I love you Conor and I want you to be healthy"

He snuggle his face into the crook of my neck, giving me shivers as his curly hair touches my skin.

"Anna you're the best thing that's ever happened to me, I love you to the moon and back but sometimes do I have to make my own decisions that I think is the best for me and then you need to respect that, just as I respect yours, okay?"

I want to continue the conversation but it feels like it isn't going to get anywhere, he's too stubborn for me to be able to convince him to do anything about it. Instead I just give him a kiss before stepping out of bed.

It's a beautiful day for December and the sun is spreading a soft light through out the whole of the flat. It's just me and Conor at home as Josh stayed at Caspar's as usual and Jack had gone back home for the weekend.  I had suggested that Conor should go with him, he would do great with some family time and fresh Brighton air but he apparently had work to do. I don't know if it's true but couldn't bare to have yet another argument about his working shedual, we've had way too many of these over the past couple of weeks. I hate when we argue, people often thought we were some kind of golden couple were everything is perfect, the press liked to paint us that way, we were the rich and famous who had practically got everything for free. How much we tried to explain that wasn't the case it would always come back, hunting us in each and every interview we did with the media. I guess they wasn't wrong, we both earned a good amount of money each month but it acquired hard work, both me and Conor worked way more than the average person, maybe was it because we loved what we do or the fact that that was what was needed for the works that we'd chosen. The only thing that I am sure of is that YouTube and singing aren't any eight to five jobs.

I take out some eggs and bacon from the fridge whilst I wait on Conor to come down. He'd promised to help me with breakfast today and I wasn't going to let it slip through just because he has been having trouble sleeping.

Conor come down from our bedroom, wearing his Nike hoodie as usual, it must be his signature clothing and it feels like I never see him in anything else. He wraps his arms around me from behind, leaning his head on my right shoulder. I relax in his grip, I would never be able to live without him in my life.