Chapter 11

We decide to take an uber home because Conors state of mind isn't ideal for driving and i'm smart enough not risking my life this time. The drive home feels like litteraly a year and we get stuck in every red-light possible.  Conor sits quiet the whole twenty minute trip, I can tell he's worried about his little brother. I'm scared too and I can feel my heart race inside my chest when Joe is calling. 

- We're just about to pull up outside, hang on, I say trying to get out of the car without leaving anything behind.

- So, what was you about to say, Joe? I say trying to be as calm as possible.

- I was just about to ask you how long you had left, but we can talk more upstairs, He say and we hung up. 

I exhale, I'm glad he isn't worse and for a second I thought that was the case. We walk up the stairs and enter the flat. Joe meet us in the door.

- I'm so happy you two are home. He say sounding quite stressed.

- Jack is in his room, Joe say and me and Conor walk in to check on him.

He look miserable with his sweaty forehead and red cheeks. I sit down on the bed and start talking to him.

- Can you go and get a wet towel, Conor? I say as I take up my phone to call my mom.

My mom work as a nurse and in situations like this is it very handy. She answer on the first signal and the Swedish sound way to unfamiliar to me than it would. I haven't spoken Swedish for a week and I have hard to remember some of the words.

Conor come back with the wet towel when I'm in the middle of the conversation. He look at me strangely and it looks like he had forgotten the fact that I can speak Swedish too.  I put the towel on Jacks forehead and continue my conversation.

Conors P.O.V

Jack is not well at all and I am a bit worried if I'm honest. He is sick quite often but not like this. Anna told me not to worry but I can tell she is stressed too, we know each other way too good not to noticing when something is wrong. Anna is talking to her mum who's a nurse, on the phone. They're talking in Swedish and I can't understand a word, the only words I can in Swedish is the word for hello and thank you. I haven't seen any reasons for it because the Swedes are really good at English.  Anna finish the call with her mum.

- What did she say? I ask leaning in the doorframe.

- A lot, no I'm kidding, she said that if his fever is over 40℃ is it time to take him in for a check up. And we shall try giving him some of the medicine I have with me from Sweden because he have been ill a lot lately it can have caused the nurofen to not work anymore.

I'm glad that something may work.

Anna's P.O.V

I run up to the bedroom to get the medicine from my suitcase. This have to work because I know that no one of us want to spend the rest of the evening at the hospital.  I take I glass of water in the kitchen and walk into Jack's room.

- Jack you have to take these tablets so we can get you to feel better, I say and hand him the glass.

I place two tablets on the bedside table and study him swallow them one by one. Now we just have to play the waiting game. I cross my fingers and hope this will work. In the meantime I go and prepare some food for myself, Conor, Josh and Joe. It has to be something easy because I'm not in the mood for cooking right now. All I want is to snuggle up with Conor in bed and fall asleep. Conor come and join me in the kitchen as I'm about to start cook some pasta.