Candy Kisses

Chres P.O.V

I been going outta my fucking mind. Asia been gone for one day and I already know I almost ended our relationship (referring to the whole massage thing) plus she didn't call me yesterday!!!!!! The cherry on top is that she might be DEAD!!!

I took a deep breath before getting out of my bunk bed. The television was still on channel 4 of fox news. Last night while I was waiting for Asia to call (which she didn't) I turned on the TV to find some disturbing news that a elderly man has gotten in a car accident with a damn 18 Wheeler!!!! You probably wondering how in the hell is this gotta do with Asia?' well Asia was in the van with that old man. I pray to God that he dropped her home before the accident but how can I know when she didn't call. I tried closing my eyes taking deep breaths a technique I learned in anger class. I hurriedly got dress and ran down to the office. It was only 6 am so no one wasn't up except for the woman behind the desk.

Clerk: may I help you (arch eyebrow)

Chres: yes (breathing heavily) I need to make a phone call

Clerk: phone calls are scheduled for next week.

Chres: I know but its an emergency

Clerk: are you sick?

Chres: no

Clerk: are you dying?

Chres: no

Clerk: then get out of my office.

Chres: listen my girlfriend got into a car accident and it was deadly I'm just trying to get in contact with her please.

Clerk: hmmm (thinks)

any day now

Chres: well???

Clerk: okay but 5 minutes (hands Chres the phone)

Asia: ummm hello (yarns)

Chres: yes!! Thank God you alive

Asia: what? (confused) Chres what the hell are you talking about. its damn near 6 in the morning I'm tired

Chres: I thought you was dead

Asia: I am not dead!!! why in the world would you think that? did Ray give you weed or something?

Chres: no!! I saw the news yesterday and the man who you were driving with got into a car accident and (GCO)

Asia: what? what time?

Chres: around 2 o'clock wait so you don't have any knowledge about this?

Asia: oh my God I'm watching the news now. he's dead!! I told him not to drive after an eye appointment (begins to cry)

Chres: Asia you okay? why you crying

Asia: look yeah I'm - I'm fine I gotta go I talk to you later

Chres: wait um (GCO)

Clerk: one more minute

Asia: what?

Chres: I love you

Asia: love you too bye (hangs up)

Clerk: is she alright?

Chres: I don't know

Clerk: at least she is alive (smile)

Chres: yeah. (walks out office)

I don't know what to be more concerned about. I'm glad that Asia is OK but why is she all worried about some old dude. I shook my head as I walk down the hallway all night I been worried sick. I want to go back to sleep but I can't I was an inch close of losing the love of my life.