chapter | 10 | edited

Bethany-
I used to enjoy what every teenager loves these days, the partying, smoking, getting high, sneaking and all that crap, but if you've been through hell and back like myself, those events tend to go useless over time.

I had promised myself that I would live the life of loneliness, not caring, not loving, just living, I knew it was going to be difficult from the very beginning, I thought I was going to accomplish that goal, but from the moment I had found out about werewolves and packs, especially mates, I knew that goal has been demolished.

After Ryder died I wasn't fully myself, I've done a lot of unacceptable things, but could you blame me?. Everyone thought or at least those who are blind to see the truth that I was fine after a couple of months from his funeral, but in reality I was broken, my gang knew this and I've pushed them away, the somehow friends I had made knew this and I also push them away. It's easy to push people away when you've been through a lot, that tends to make you not trust anyone or not care at all, its so easy to fall apart but so hard to stand up, especially when you feel like your always alone.

The weather was beginning to cool down and soon winter will come, I had always hated winter even though I don't get cold that often but the snow itself had always been my biggest enemy. I had gotten up early this morning just to finish some business before I attend the party, I had been itching for a while because of this upcoming party. School had been fairly easy I keep my distance from everyone just cautious not to get attached. Shane has been gone daily, and of course I already knew why.

I dressed up casually for the party, then headed there with a small gift in hand. The house was huge and I already knew why, Packs who are known throughout the countries are usually big, and strong, especially if their Alpha's are known to many, that's this pack the River Creek is considered the second strongest. My mother were good friends with the former Alpha, they both knew each other and had a history together- I knew this because before my mother sent me here she decided to educate per say, about the packs, which ones our friends or enemies and the River Creek was definitely our friends or allies.

I knocked, the smell of werewolves everywhere, varying from lower to higher ranked. I took a look around waiting for the door to open, the house stood castle like but a little bit smaller, a fountain on the middle dividing the two drive way which was lined on the side with flowers and bushes. In the back stood the forest for hunting and shifting, away from any humans.

Ones the door opened Sally's head popped out as her bright smile appeared, she instantly hugged me which made me tense quickly but she didn't noticed.

"You made it Bethany, I'm glad, come in"

she says with her big smile, and judging from her aura she is definitely really happy, happy why ? I had no idea.

I gave her the gift as she led me inside, the house smelt of werewolves, werewolves everywhere, it had also the smell of home, a home that I was unfamiliar to, if they Knew I was in the house they would've killed me, or I would've killed them before they could get to me. My smell had always driven friends who would rather fight then chat, that's why I began to learn to mask my scent, the first day was the only day that I've forgotten, in which I knew had gotten some attention.

Sally and I walked around, everyone was in the backyard, judging from the noise, I grabbed a drink and followed Sally where the party was held, as we enter the noise got louder, when she opened the door, everyone's attention went straight to us, Sally in which I've gotten to know her character a bit, decided to introduce me to people I didn't know, I had stopped being social the day I became a monster, so introducing me to brand new people didn't matter for I wouldn't probably care.

The night played on, it was about two hours later when I smelt them, judging by the smell of power, they were probably the Alpha and Luna, I turned around and there stood Shane with his parents, the alpha who had Shane's dark brown hair and sculpture, the Luna same eye color and molded lips. But they weren't only the arrivals, the smell of blood and rotten corps linger, and judging from all the continue parting they probably didn't smell them, but as a half , half my senses were a lot stronger, the smell kept getting closer until the Alpha and everyone else smelled them, emerging from the trees were 50 dozen rogues, everyone backed up and snarled forgetting that I was here, everyone but the Alpha and Luna who stood protective, and Shane standing protective over me.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
As you can see a cliff hanger. I'm so evil.
THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GO DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!