Chapter | 44 |exited

Bethany- 

Balance. 

Coming from the mouth of my once a upon time lover father's. Supposedly I'm the balance. 

In honesty, I was baffled by his story and his statement. How could I be the balanced when my life was literally everywhere and out places?. How could I be the balance when I couldn't even balanced my messed up life. I looked at the aging man, his gray and white crinkled suite with a faint coming beard. I hadn't changed my expression, nor will I ever in this room. I wasn't about to give some type of clue that his story has gotten to me of his statement of keeping as his Queen in which I will never let him.

The devil had ordered Liam to send me back to the cell. We walked silently to the cell where Aden was held. One's there, Liam fished the lock out and went to undue the cuffs that they had placed on me. He placed my back again his chest and whispered.

"act natural there are four cameras installed in this room. "

My eyes darted about the room and in truth there were four installed in each corner.

"this is the button that will give you exactly six minutes and thirty second to try and escape. One's you've turned it off meet me in the little room you saw on the way to the previous room it has two engraved letter of z and I will be there waiting make sure you don't get caught and here's the key"

He sneak in  the button and the key on the palm of my hands and inserted me back to cell, locking it before he left he looked in my eyes and nodded. I turned back to Aden who was asleep in the corner, his head rested against  the wall. I walked to him and sat down, then placed my eyes at each of the camera. I waited for a few seconds and used my extra hearing for Liam's footsteps to disappear one's it did I pressed the button and quickly jumped on my feet.

I shook Aden up quickly in which thankfully he woke up.

"get up Aden we only have a few minutes to escape before those cameras turned back on"

He went to my side as I  Inserted the key to the lock hearing a click couple seconds later.

Aden and I quickly went about the corners of the hall. There were two guards guarding the door I went over and quickly knocked one out, Aden went for the other and we quickly quietly made our way to the designated room.

There were four rooms located two in each hall each with a particular symbols . I searched for the  room that Liam had told me.

Yes even though  he was part of the reason why my life  was a huge utter mess. I still couldn't  help but feel as if he's atoning for what he had done. It's a long shot but he can't do anything else that would emotionally ruin me.

The moment we found the room, we instantly dive inside. Liam was against the wall and when we burst he he took out a gun pointing at us but quickly put away when he notice it had only been us.

"good you made it now we have two minutes to escape before my brother finds out I helped you escape "

He let out a small chuckle but no one really replied. I was questioning why he decide to help us, wanting to test me theory I asked him the lingering question.

"why are you helping me?"

He was silent for a few moments as we made our way to what seems like an old tunnel.

Then he sighs ready to give me an explanation.

"believe it or not I changed a lot. After Ryder died I kinda had a thought to myself and felt somehow guilty for what I did to you because I know that Ryder had cared for you and I ruined your life after Ryder and I were kinda close. But when he died decide  to try and talk to you but found out you had disappeared or was gone according to everyone. So I decided to head back home and that's when I found my brother in my living room. I hasn't actually seen for years. But he black mailed me into helping him find a certain girl but when I found out it was and his story I was shocked. He started revealing things to me. How he was a part of some gang that Ryder's father owned but Ryder hadn't know of. Then it went on to explaining the supernatural world, it was a bit hectic and  hard to comprehend but over the months I promised myself I would help you out. So you see I am really guilty and sorry for what I did"

He looked at me a split second and I nodded at him.

"I guess I can't keep this grudge, you were a teenager after all"

It had stayed silent throughout the tunnel. Couple seconds like we heard an alarm go off.

"we have to hurry. I'm the only one who knows of this tunnel but it won't be long until Alexander finds out. "

We move along with the help of Liam's flashlight. A faint light that began to brighten the closer we got could easily be identified that we were getting closer.

We exit through a thick door of vines and leaves leading into the forest. My ears perked up at all the sound and heightened sense strengthen. I listened and sniffed the air only receiving a familiar scent that I missed and loved. We ran deeper into the forest.

The moment we entered a clearing my heart leaped as I take in a familiar figure. I smiled up at Shane who looked as surprised as I was. The moment I was in his arms he held me tightly and I couldn't help but connect my lips with his.

Liam and Aden joined where I had ran to Shane. I explained who Aden was, at first Shane went possessive but I immediately explained. As for Liam who Shane instantly recognized  he and the other pack snarled but I explained to that he had helped us escape.

We were about to leave when Alexander's sent filled my nose. I turned around to find him mere meters away. His eyes trained on his little brother.

"well look who got here,a traitor. "

His face filled with unreadable expression. Glare intent on Liam and Liam alone.

A brother to brother.

______________________________________
As you can see things are about to go down..

1111words counted