Chapter | 50 | edited

Bethany-
My mate, my amazing, beautifully​ handsome and understanding mate. Fast asleep with his lips slitly parted, soft snores making it's way out of his lips. I trailed his jaw with my index finger, sparks following along.

I began to sing softly.

You and I stand along​ side.

Fighting darkness as we rise.

Cause baby your my light .

You and I share one heart.

"You have a beautiful voice my mate"

I met Shane's eyes as it showed with love.

"Where you learn to sing ?"

Still trailing his jaw and the mark which caused him to groan.

"When I used to get bullied, every time they finished beating me up I'd hum to help ease the pain"

I hear a growl coming from him. Lifting my hands to​ cup his face , I face his with mine and gave him a wide smile.

"Hey hey don't worry babe , it's over it's done , I've moved on from it"

Kissing his lips with so much love.

"I know it's just I can't believe you went through all that "

He pulls me closer and I wrapped my hands around him.

My caring mate. 

^

That morning we ended up staying in bed and him with scratches. And a sore between my legs.

Shane and I walked down the hall to the kitchen.

"Morning​ dad , mom , sister aunt and everyone else "

Everyone was sitting on their chairs.

"Well someone looks happy this morning. "

My father comes towards me, kissing my forhead as well as my mother's and sister's. Everyone gathered around, there was clearly tensions and worries in the atomopshere​ but right now we all just needed to enjoy this little time we had together.

Not  knowing who might survive and who we will lose.

That morning we all ended chatting away and getting to know more of one another. I've learned a few things about my father, my sister and basically my whole family. My heart already piecing back together at the site before me.

Mother had taken me away for a second and talked to me.

"Look although you still might not forgive me for all the secrets I've hidden but know that you are my daughter , and in due time I hope you'll understand what I've done was best for you even if it's an disagreement between us"

I listened to her words , to her meaning and look into her eyes. The door to her soul. Yes I was still hurt for my mother's poor choices but after all she only did what she thought was best. She's been there for me the moment I came into the world. My trust was still in an off balance with her but it doesn't mean that I would hold grudges against her. I will let her make amends for what she's done. But like most It will take time.

"Yes I know mom, I know that I have to let you make amends and I know that you've only done what you did for my sake, but I am your daughter , I trust you with everything , I tell you  everything and it pained me knowing my own mother couldn't do the same when it means my fate."

She sighs and I took her in my arms. It will take time for us to heal.

It was currently twelve pm in the afternoon, we all gather around in Shane's office. We all had decided to run over our plan. Liam had foresaw that Mark would attack at the crack of night when the sun will go down and the moon will rise, when both Red and Blue and White aligns on the sky for the supernaturals to see.

We have no idea why he's chosen this day but we knew he was neither a human nor a wolf on this very night . And that's what scared us the most. The unknown.

"Okay so we know that Mark will be leading the rogues in every corner of the pack"

Shane looks at the map on his desk as everyone hovered to take a look. I stand out in the corner.

"The former Luna of this pack will take the youngs and those who are unable to fight to the Shadow Vail Pack"

The Shadow Vail Pack was led by Shane grandparents. Alicia the former Luna of this pack was an Alphas daughter and we'll Shane's father Steve was also an Alphas son. When the time comes Sarah will be leading the Shadow Vail Pack while Shane led this one.

"Penelope, my mother , Sally, Maya and my mate will take care of them crossing to safety whil-"

I cut Shane of off. As a Luna and an Alphas daughter I have a duty to protect my family. And although it is dangerous but this wasn't their fight I'm not willing to let others lose their lives for me.

"No, I will stay here and fight. I am a leader and a mother I will not sit and watch my pack fight for a battles that is meant for me. "

Shane looked at me as if I was crazy.

"What?! No you are the luna my mate I will not lose you "

I walked to him and held his cheeks in  the palms of my hands.

"Yes Shane I am your mate, a luna and an alpha but you know me, everyone here​ knows what I've been through. I will not survive after all that just to let you all fight my battle. "

I turned to everyone .

"This is the final war, the prophecy and we do not know what will happen but we know that whatever the outcome is . We fought. For ourselves, for our family, our friends . We fought for our pack."

With a chorus of nods and determination. We prepared for the war. The prophecy.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•*

"Darkness. A blanket that covers the light. And I stand in the middle. I stand alone in darkness as if it were me. I stand in the middle as it it were my home, as if it were my childhood , my first of everything . And it is. I've lived my life surrounded by pain. Pain physically and emotionally. I've lost many but also gained the most. Throughout my life I've gotten used to pain. To suffer . To sacrifice. To loss. And now that I've gained one's again, now that I finally find happiness , love, and family. I will not let this war take it all from me. I will not lose my family to pain. I've lived in pain for so long for it to be my permanent home. But now I will walk out of the darkness and into the light. Now I will finally be able to move on.

That's for a reason why I am chosen as the prophecy."

-----------------------------------------------------------

War is coming and so is the end of this book. I've honestly had an​ amazing time writing it. Thank you all for staying with me but for worry there's a few chapters left.

1162 words counted.