New me?

It was 5:30 and I was still waiting on that call. Ellie came home asking me about it. "I actually liked it. I really hope I get the part." I say pouring my tea i brought from Cheshire. My phone started ringing and I nearly dropped my tea. "Answer it!" I tell Ellie. "No you do it!" She gives me my phone. "No you!" I argue back. "You do it! It's your audition!" She hand me my phone. "Fine, shhh, shhhh." I shush her even though i was the only one talking. "Hello?" I say a little too fast. "Hi, this Ariana Grande?" Bethany speaks through the call. "This is she." I say. "Well I have good news to bring. You've got the part!" She says. "Really?! Are you telling the truth?!" I cheer. "Of course!" Bethany says. "Now some bad-ish news." She says. "It can't be that bad." I suggest. "Ok, you have to dye your hair red and you need to train your voice to be extremely high with no accent." Bethany says. "Oh. No problem." I say, obviously lying. I love my brown hair! Would i give it up? "Ariana, honey. You don't have to give up your hair color for a silly part.." Bethany spoke. "No, i'm gonna dye it all red. I really want this." I say with confidence. "Ok, come by this address on monday. I'll text it to you ok?" Bethany says. "Ok." I hang up. What did I just do? I hold my hair. I'm sure gonna miss it.

"So, what's they say?" Ellie asks. "Yes." I smile. "You got it?" Her face lights up. "Indeed!" I smile even wider. "Congrats! I knew you had it in you!" She runs over to give me tight hug. I got a text of the place to get my hair done from Bethany.

It was finally Monday, and Ellie went home yesterday night. It was weird sleeping in my flat all by myself. I miss her so much. Of couse, i could always move back to Cheshire, but i have my career taking off.

I walked the streets of L.A. Searching for the salon. I finally found it and walked in. There stood Bethany, waiting for me. "Hi, Ariana." She greeted me. "Hey." I waved. The dresser sat me down and put the cape over me. "So what color again, beth?" She asked. "Red. Velvet red." Bethany instructed. "And all over too, no strand to be left brown." I almost shattered at those words. The dresser took out the items she needed to color my hair. She slathered coloring into my hair and put tinfoil over it. I've never dyed my hair and it felt so weird. For what seemed like ages, my hair was done. The dresser washed off all the leftover coloring and blew my hair dry. She turned me around so i could look in the mirror. My mouth dropped. My hair. I held onto the now red strands and stared at it. "Well?" Bethany asked. "I love it.." I lied. "Glad you like it. Now we can work on your voice." She continued. Great. Now i have to make my voice high and get rid of my accent for the show. Why did I ever agree to Ellie's idea? I'm so stupid. I look like a massive red velvet cupcake.

Bethany offered me a ride, since i don't have a car yet. She dropped me off at my place. Before she let me go, she told me about meeting her at the studio to the set of my show "victorious"

I called Ellie letting her know that I miss her and hoped that her flight was a safe one. Also to tell her know that i'm a complete red head thanks to her.

I ate the leftover pizza and jumped into the shower. I let the warm water hit my skin and my new red hair. I lay on the sofa flipping through the channels, but really, I was just using the the sound of the shows so it wouldn't sound so quiet while i scroll through twitter and instagram. I take a photo of myself or what people call it "selfies" i posted it on instagram letting my followers know that I'm a red head. I got tons of comments saying that I look different and all. Why did I even allow them to even think about dying it?