Chapter 20

Niall POV

I walked back into the room, and closed the door, locking it as well. 

"Allyson," I said.

"Niall," she said looking at me, "What are you doing".  I watched as I got more of a glimpse of her tear stained face.  I thought about how I might of done that to her.  Tears were at the brims of her eyes, about to pour out. 

I walked closer to her and a tear popped out of her eyes.

"Allyson, I am so sorry," I said now realizing how she might of been a few years ago.  I quickly wiped the tears flowing out of her eyes down her cheek.  That was when she did something unexpected, she hugged me. 

"Why are you sorry," she said, "I was my fault I messed up Jess and yours relationship".

"No it wasn't," I said, "I was my fault that I got drunk and it happened.  But it is more of my fault that I treated you like that after it happened.  How I kept blaming everything on you".

I wrapped my arms around her, set my chin on her head.  I felt small droplets seeping threw my shirt.  She was crying, and so was I.  

She quickly broke my hug and moved herself to the edge of the bed. Was she getting the wrong idea?  She laid right on top of it. 

"Why am I crying to you about this," she said, "It was all my fault".

"Allyson no it wasn't," I said.  I walked to the edge of the bed.  She was looking at the ceiling maybe having a flash back or something.

"Hey, Allyson look at me," I said.  She looked at me with a sad puppy dog face.  "It wasn't ever your fault, and it will never be".

It was quite nice five second of staring.  I started to get to my feet from my kneeling position.  I then was walking to the door, when a small voice said my name.

"Niall," she said.

I turned my head.

"Yes," I said.

"Stay the night," she said, "Please".

I saw her hand move to the empty side of the bed.

I had a quick mental problem.  There where two options.

1. Say I can't and leave with a tear stained face.  Probably make even more noise in the house because the boys will want too know everything, before I go to sleep.  So even more drama.

2. I could spend the night here and possibly avoid the questions.

I flipped the light off and moved to the edge of the bed.  I climbed over Allyson next to her.  

"I am shocked by your choice," she said.

"I rather not deal with the boys questions right now," I said. There was a minute of silence and that was when I opened my mouth.

"Allyson, whatever Colton said that made you cry, know that it wasn't true," I said.  I realized that their was no answer.  I turned myself to look at her.  She had fallen asleep. 

"Allyson," I said.  Absolutely nothing.  

I was now in bed with Allyson who was asleep, and I was really hot.  I mean it was getting to the end of summer and nights were not the coolest, they were pretty hot.  Plus, I was pretty uncomfortable with sleeping in jean shorts.  I made a rash decision to get out of these clothes.  I undid my belt and jean zipper and button.  Sliding them down my legs, I was in plaid boxers and a nice dress shirt.  I quickly took off my shirt and climbed into bed with Allyson.  She was wearing a pair of yoga shorts and a loose top.  I quickly shifted to my side, close to Allyson. 

I took a deep breath and said what, I was holding back for a while.

"I know you can't hear this, but I there are or was feelings for you Allyson," I said.  I shut my eyes and fell asleep.