Chapter 40

We walked into the hall.  I followed Justin around the room, as I was unable to see my uncle or the boys.  Everyone looked at me like I was some kind of creature.  No one really talked to me, unless Justin introduced them to me.  I finally saw my uncle in the corner, grabbing a drink.  I walked over to him.

"Hey Allyson," he said.

"Hey," I said.

"how do you like the party," he asked.

"I don't know right now, I seem to have lost my social skills," I said.

"Well go talk to your old friends, the Jenner's are right over there," he said pointing to a bunch of dark hair people.

"Uhmm, I guess," I said as I made my way over to their table. 

Kendall was the first to see me and waved.  I waved back and walked over to them.

"Hey Allyson," said Kris.

"Hey," I said.  They all embraced me with huge hugs.

"Oh my God it has been forever since we have seen you, " said Kim, "How are you".

"I am good," I said, "How about you".

"Well I am great, I am getting married," she said.

"I heard about that," I said, "Congratulation".

"Thank you," she said.  That was when music came blaring out of the speakers.

"let's go dance," said Kylie as she grabbed both me and Kendall.  She ran out to the dance floor as we started dancing.  I have to admit it was really fun.  I loved it.  As we where dancing to Fancy, I saw Niall glaring at me from the otherside of the room.  I said good bye to both Kendall and Kylie and danced my way over to him.

"Looks like you are having fun," he said.

"Yeah, I guess," I said.

"I guess," he said.

"Yeah," I said.

"Let me grab you a drink," he said.

"Ok," I said as he walked away toward the bar.  Then it was like an ambush of people coming over to see me. I said hello, as they all screamed questions at me.  I started to get overwhelmed and excused myself.  I walked out of the hall into the closed off courtyard.  It had lights stringed up and everything.  It was nice and warm outside.  I started to take deep breaths.  I also started to think about coming back.  Should I?

My life wouldn't be the same as it was before.  What would Maggie do?  What about Colton?  It would be hard to be back in the lime light again.  I started to get overwhelmed.  I pulled out my phone and looked at the time.  It was only 10:30.  I would be hear for a while.  I could walk home, but that might be hard. 

I sat on a chair and must of been jet legged because I was super tired.  Next I knew a drunk Niall was stumbling outside calling my name. 

"Allyson," he screamed.

"Niall," I said. His face brightened up and he smiled.  He fell trying to walk over to me.  I smiled and laughed.

"Hey," he said, "I thought you were lost in my pocket".

I laughed.  He was so drunk.

"Let's go back to the hotel," I said.

"Already, I must be a lady's man," he said.

I blushed and moved to get to the car.  We walked into a closed off parking space.  I put Niall on one side of the car, then drove away.  I dropped Niall off at the hotel, making sure he didn't get into trouble.  He was fast asleep when I left.  I pulled the car, into my old driveway.  It was the house I lived in when my dad was alive.  It was now vacant, waiting for my return.  I took a deep breath and decide to check it out, relive the memories of the past.  Whether they were good or bad.