Chapter 12

I went for a quick run, and came home.  I quickly took a shower and started to make breakfast.  I started with blueberry pancakes.  I then made some bacon and some scrambled eggs.  I really hoped they would like it. 

I was hoping one of them would be attracted to the smell of food.   Well I was wrong.  I made food setting it in the oven to stay warm.  I then made myself a plate and ate.  By this time it was 10:22.  I cleaned my plate and started to clean around the house.  It is just something I started doing every time I was in really deep thought.

"Allyson," said a sleepy Colton.  I turned around to see him on the bottom step rubbing his eyes like a tired little child.

"Good Morning," I said turning back to the front door I was cleaning.

"Allyson," said Colton as he grabbed the rag from my hand and spun me around.

"Colton," I said, "Give it back".

"Not until you tell me about what your thinking," he said.

"I am not thinking of anything," I lied.  He saw right through that.

"Allyson you only clean things that don't need to be cleaned when your thinking of something," he said.

"It is nothing," I said.

"Yes, it is.  You have been cleaning for a good two hours, and I know you didn't go to bed last night either," he said, "Now tell me".

"It is really stupid," I said.

"Nothing in that head of yours is stupid," he said with a smile.

"Its just that...," I said.

"Its just what," he asked.

"Its just that I feel really uncomfortable with them here, like I don't know what to say or even how to act around them," I said, "They stare and treat me as if I am nonexistent".

"Allyson," he said holding me, "They will warm up, I bet they feel the exact same way".

I nodded and quickly grabbed the rag from his hand. 

"I am going up to take a shower, Maggie should be up in a bit," he said as he ran back upstairs to his room.

I continued cleaning.  I had made my way from the kitchen to the den to the front porch to the stairs.  I was finally at the living room.  I was picking up some old books, that I had read from the small coffee table, when I heard a few footsteps.  I continued cleaning until, I felt as if someone was staring right at me.  I pretended not to notice until the quietness made me go crazy.  I slowly spun around to see, striking brown eyes reach mine.

"Good Morning," I said to Liam.

"Uhh..yeah err good morning Allyson," he said. I nodded my head and turned back to cleaning the living room.  Liam was still standing their watching my every move as if he was trying to study me.  Finally after a good five minutes of him staring at me he asked a question.

"Do you have something to eat," he asked.

"Yeah, If you open the oven, there is breakfast that I made," I said.

"Mummy," I heard a faint voice say.  I turn to walk toward the stairs.  Liam followed cautiously right behind me.

I approached the stairs to see Maggie, on the top step, already dressed and everything.

"Mummy," she said again when she saw me.

"Good Morning Maggie," I said.  She smiled as I ran up to the step she was on and picked her up. 

All of a sudden Colton come out of his room. 

"Allyson, I got Maggie....never mind you found her," he said going back into his room.  He was the best.  I walk cautiously down the stairs to see Liam staring at me with wide eyes.

As soon as I was in the last step, Maggie saw Liam and hid herself in my arms.

"Uhh...Allyson..that is a kid," said Liam.

"Yeah, I know," I said, "Her name is Maggie".

Maggie soon moved her head to look at Liam, she moved her eyes all around to get a guess what you say as a good look. 

Once Liam moved his eyes from me to Maggie.  He smiled a bit and looked at her. 

"Hello Maggie," said Liam in a soft voice.  She moved her self more into my body.

"Maggie," I said, "This is Uncle Liam, can you say hi".  She watched him carefully and started to move.