• admiration •

I watched the little things you did in admiration and realised how much I missed it all.
I watched as you smiled that gorgeous crooked smile before you laughed.
The smile that still gave me butterflies whenever I saw it. Your laugh, still the song I could never take off replay.
Your soft lips of silk that spoke soothing words; the words I loved to hear before I fell asleep. The words I loved to wake up to in the morning.

I'd never experienced such pain as I saw her in your arms where I used to be. Where I felt safe and felt at home. Little did I know I was only renting that little space, with the rent soon expiring. I became homeless, homesick. Longing for the safety and warmth you provided, accompanied by reassurance that everything was going to be okay.
Our ideas of forever were insanely different.
Now she had moved in and by the looks of things... her stay seemed to be permanent...

She pressed her lips against yours, and I was shot with jealousy, anger, sadness; as I remembered the way it felt as you once locked your lips on mine countless times sending a whirl of butterflies through my stomach.

Now, all I could do was watch, as you did the same things we used to do, with someone better...