• home (him) •

H i s p o v

"I hated it here. Living, stuck in this place that I was to call home. A place which felt nothing like home. The only place that felt like home, was the field of trees a few houses down that reached out for miles; providing the quiet melodious songs of various birds who flew over and through the cover and safety the trees seemed to provide.

The whispers of the wind brushed through the array of different leaves, both dead and alive. The floor below in which I walked, was covered in a thin layer of leaves that had fallen.

Here I felt at ease.

Though I never ventured far as fear got the best of me. All the rumors spread to keep people out so those could keep the secrets of the forest to themselves. The fear dissipated completely one day as I felt myself needing an escape; the forest being the first place that came to mind. All the laughter, the pointing of shame and violence.

Was it so strange that I prefered nature's kind gestures over humanity's? How we aren't even helping the environment, yet it does so much for us.

My mind wanders, hands in pockets, my gaze just ahead of me. One earphone sits in my ear, the other tucked into my shirt out of the way. I let the music feed my thoughts as I let nature's sound help soothe.

Everyone relied so heavily on people. I learnt my lesson long ago. Having people constantly passing through, dumping their problems on your shoulders begging you to fix them. Then once you do and you drop a single thought, they turn tail and run; forgetting everything you had done in their favour.

People only notice a slip up, resulting in me hurting people... not seeing how majority of the time I'm helping them. From there I am judged.

So I keep my distance.
But she... she is different. Persistant, very persistant she is. Pushing for interaction and conversation when it's clear it's something I want to avoid. Her words are always softly spoken, yet stern. Her eyes always bearing a sparkle as bright as the moon on a night where it strives to shine through a clouded sky.
I hate to see her hurt. Her gorgeous smile no where to be seen; replaced with tears and a quivering lip.

I fear if I leave, to finally find a place to call home, I will always be comparing it to the home I have now. The wall of leaves and bark; a girl I hardly know but let in close, treasuring every word spoken.

But at this time, somewhere new is probably the best. A place I can officially call home."