Time Flies

.............................................................
Hi people!
The only thing I have to say is that I hope you enjoy this chapter :)
Xxx,
Sara
.............................................................
Sadie's POV
"Students, please take out your notebooks and write down today's date, so we can start our lesson."

I do as I was told, but my mind was completely elsewhere; wherever he was right now to be exact.

I look up towards the white board to check the date, and a pang goes through my chest as I see it. And yet another day.

I pick up my pen and open the notebook to the next blank page, where I write in the first line:

Thursday, 30th of August, 2018

I couldn't help but let out a sigh as I took in today's date again, and even though the teacher had already started the lesson, all I could do was stare at the words I just wrote down in fluid blue ink and think: 7 months.

Nearly 7 months had gone by since the last time I was with Shawn.

I felt a hand on my upper arm, and I look upwards, to see Violet giving me an apologetic smile. I muster one too, and look towards the teacher the first time this class. Though that not meant I actually absorbed her words. While she explained what I guessed was the different types of poems we were going to see next, all I could do was live in the last time I had been with him, which was at the grammys.

That day had been such a crazy day, but in the end I managed to do what was the reason behind everything. Why I had done the scariest thing I had ever done, which was go on such a big event with Shawn and interact with people that were so influential and powerful. I don't know how he managed to get me in, but he managed it. I was there, right next to him, supporting him in that moment that he had been waiting for so long and wanted me to spend with him.

I had been afraid that Shawn would be disappointed and blame himself in case he didn't win, because one of his strongest traits was his perfectionism. But I shouldn't have worried about anything. When they announced the winner of the Album of the Year Grammy, he didn't frown or sink in his seat. Oh no. He stood up and celebrated even more than Ed Sheeran himself, the one who went up to the stage to receive the award.

"Now, the Grammy for Song of the Year." They announced, and that time, I could feel Shawn really go tense with anticipation and nerves. I squeezed his hand that was holding mine in encouragement, and I felt him squeeze it back. They then announced the different nominees, "What If I Told You A Story" being one of them, between other songs that had been huge hits. I really hoped that Shawn won, he had worked so hard for this.

But well, if he didn't? There were still two other Grammys he could win.

"And the Winner is-" Shawn's hand gripped mine with the strongest of death grips, while both of us felt air catch in our throats in anticipation, "-What If I Told You A Story by Shawn Mendes!"

People everywhere started applauding and stood up, but Shawn just sat there, staring in front of him, his mouth slightly agape.

"Shawn, you won!" I exclaimed at him, who didn't seem to have absorbed the fact that he won. It seemed that my shaking up helped a little, because he finally stood up and turned towards me, every single of his features lighten up with happiness.

"No Sadie, we won!" He corrected me, and engulfed me in the tightest hug ever, crushing my ribs and every organ underneath, but I didn't care. I was so happy for him, I could feel my eyes tear up a little. I was so proud of him.