Epilogue

Listen to "How Does A Moment Last Forever" from Beauty and the Beast for the epilogue :)
.............................................................

Sadie's POV:
It was all dark before me, as I felt a soft nudge on my hip, but had no reaction towards it. Little by little, as the small but gentle shaking makes me come back to my senses, I realize that it was someone trying to wake me up.

I felt nothing like waking up, so I pretend to still be asleep as the person continues to try to shake me awake, in hopes that they would give up and let me sleep. But that wasn't the case.

Suddenly I feel some lips to my forehead, which made my lips pull up a little, which was bad, as I was trying to pretend to be asleep.

"Come on honey, let's wake up. It's your day." I hear Shawn saying softly, knowing I hate when people speak too loud to me when I have just woken up.

I moan, clutching stronger the pillow. "Exactly, reason to why I should be able to have more sleep." I reason.

"But then you won't be able to enjoy your day as much." He reinstates.

As I continue with my eyes closed, we stay in silence, until suddenly I hear him sigh. "I brought you breakfast, you know..."

My eyes instantly flutter open, and I smile as the first sight I have is of Shawn smiling at me, as he sits on the bed with a tray of food in his lap. I immediately sit up on my bed, my stomach grumbling as I did so. Shawn chuckles at how fast I changed my mind on sleeping more, and he places the tray on my lap with a smile on his face.

I look down to find a small pile of pancakes before me, with "Happy Birthday!" written in whipped cream on them.

"Happy birthday princess." Shawn says with a warm, genuine smile on his face, his face still rather sleepy, indicating that he hadn't been awake for that long. I loved the fact that after all these years, Shawn still called me by the nickname that he gave me just after we met.

"Did you do this?" I ask, wondering if the whipped cream part had been made professionally.

"Oh yes I did." He says proudly.

I felt my heart melt a little at this act of his, just as it did every single time. The fact that he still cared to do these things for me, no matter how small the gestures were, just made me so happy. Cupping his cheek, I pull him closer to me, and I plant a small kiss on his lips.

"Thank you Guitar Boy." I say, smiling.

"For you, always." He says, scooting me a bit over in the bed so he could sit beside me. I look down at the delicious looking meal that rested on my lap, and I was ready to attack, when I nearly scare myself to death when Shawn suddenly yells.

"Muffins!" He calls out.

I look at him, wondering age finally was starting to affect his brain, when suddenly I hear low voices speaking from behind the door.

"That was the code!" Someone whisper yells on the other side of the door.

"No it wasn't! We decided that the code was going to be Gryffindor-"

"But then dad changed the code to muffins!"

"But that's not even logical, a code should be something subtle-"