We Need to Talk

..........................
Hello my people!
One more chapter! Yay!

The song for this chapter is "On Purpose" by Sabrina Carpenter. I really like this song!

So, before we start, I just wanted to clear your possible doubts regarding the fact that Shawn is of age already and Sadie is a minor.

So I did do my research when I started this story, and have seen the laws regarding this. So in the US, (I know this varies for each state, but lets ignore this ok?) I checked for various states, and the majority (at least the ones I found) say that a minor and someone of age can date, as long as the parents of the minor approve (which they do) and they don't do the deed ( which they won't for a very long time) because this could be the older person "seducing" the minor. Also some say that if the gap is of three years or less, it is even more acceptable.

Shawn would only have a problem if Sadie reported him saying that he "seduced" her into the deed, which we all know neither of them would ever do. Plus, there are several celebrities out there that date minors and I have not known of them having problems ( that I at least have heard of) Example: Madison Beer (17) and Jack Gilinsky (20). And there is also Kylie Jenner and Tyga, who dated before she turned 18 (I think). There are many others too but I can't remember right now

Sorry for making this long. I just wanted to clear this because people have asked me this before, so...

Lets get back to the story! Enjoy :)
Xxx,
Sara
..........................
Shawn's POV:
Waking up and seeing her in my arms gave me the most amazing feeling. I just couldn't believe that I got to call this amazing girl my girlfriend. It's just so unreal. I felt like yelling it to the world that Sadie and I are dating, but I was going to let her do that at her own time.

When she had told me that she wanted to tell me something, I wasn't expecting her to tell me that she felt the way she does. I don't know what I actually was expecting, but not that. However, I can't be more glad that she did tell me what she did. And even though I was planning in telling her anyways, I really liked the fact that she was the one to say the words I had feared to say for so long.

I looked down at her, who hugged me weakly back, still asleep. I didn't want to wake her up, so I just continued still.

Yesterday after the events at the terrace, we just hanged out on the mall and then came back to her house, only to have a surprise: her father was home early. I actually found it great that he was, as I had wanted to speak to him. But Sadie did not feel the same way.

As we walked into the living room with our hands intertwined, Sadie came to a halt as she saw her father on the living room couch, who had clearly noticed our hands.

"Hi mum hi dad we are going upstairs!" Sadie said quickly, dragging me towards the stairs, but I shook my head.

"Excuse me sir, do you have a minute?" I say stepping forwards, bringing Sadie with me by her hand.

"Of course Shawn, how can I help you?" He said turning to me, and I was so relieved that Sadie's father was such a calm and polite man, and did not look at me as a danger to her daughter as many fathers would do. Now thinking of it, I think that Sadie got her quietness and calmness (when she's not freaking out about something) from him: she is very different from her mother, who is always very hyped.

"I wanted to please ask you sir for your blessing for me to date your daughter." I said, Sadie looking up at me in shock beside me. I guess she wasn't expecting this. "I like her very much, and I will always treat her the way she deserves to be treated, and always be there for her. And I will always respect the boundaries that she sets." I looked at Sadie and smiled, who looked back at me with a new glow in her eyes.