(40)

My eyes started fluttering open. 

NO
NO
NO
NO
THIS IS
ALL WRONG
I WASN'T
MEANT TO
WAKE UP.

The bright, white light blinded me at first, but the longer I looked around the better they adjusted to it. Hunter was sitti-, wait. What is Hunter doing here? 
I sit up, and look at him. "Hunter" I say, and he looks at me - his neck turning faster than Usain Bolt pretty much. "You're alive" he breathed heavily, lunging me into a hug. I didn't hug back, I just let him hug me as of shock. 

A few minutes passed, I pushed him off and furrowed my eyebrows. "Why am I alive? I committed" I sigh, fiddling with my fingers. "I saved you" he said, smiling whilst looking down at the floor. "Why did you go after me?" I reply, he looks up and you could see tears streaming down his face. "I'm a fool, idiot - I still loved you after all and I don't fucking know why I did any of this. I don't have a clue why I broke up with you, exposed you, slapped you, hurt you physically and emotionally... I don't fucking know!" he shouts, tears rolling consistently down his cheeks and his face is pink and blotchy. 

I felt bad... I took his hand and intertwined it with mine, and when he looked up I half smiled. "This..." I say pointing to the hands, "doesn't mean we're okay. I can't forgive you just like that, especially after you hitting me and telling me to kill myself. I won't forget Hunter, but eventually we possibly could move on" I sigh, as he looked with hope in his eyes.