#12 Ceremony ✔

Jane's POV

I woke up for the first time and felt warm. Safe. Comfortable. I smiled when my eyes connected to Hades's chest, I placed my palm closer to his heart and sighed, I will have it someday.

I gazed at his peaceful face and felt hope rising in my heart, it felt like a step closer, slowly approaching victory, I have to play this game carefully.

I knew leaving him would trigger something, and thankfully it worked, I don't know what I would have done if he let me walk away. I'd probably crawl back.

I didn't dare move or make a sound, knowing he will go back to ignoring me once he wakes up, but something happened last night, it made me think that things are going to change. I don't know. I can never be sure. It is hard to predict what his next move might be.

What is going on inside your head?

I smiled softly when his lips mumbled, and a small pout settled on his relaxed face, I sighed dreamily, forgetting myself in the moment, panicked when he slowly opened his eyes.

He stretched one hand while the other pulled me closer, unaware of his action, I immediately closed my eyes and waited for his next move.

He paused for a moment before relaxing, I felt his hand running down my cheek, removing a lock of hair away from my face.

"Oh if only you know what I have planned for you, little mate." He whispered.

Silence.

Then he shifted, gently placing my head on the pillow before getting up, once I heard the bathroom door close, my eyes snapped open and thoughts jumbled in my mind.

What does he mean by that? What plans does he have for me? Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Should I be nervous or excited?

I got off bed and walked towards the bathroom, I leaned against the wall, and my foot tapped on the floor furiously. Hearing the shower going on made me feel slightly relaxed, the sound calmed my anxious thoughts.

Think positive..

Maybe he's going to give in the mate bond, or start treating me better, or spend more time with me, or announce me as the Luna. Or, the chances are close to non, take me on a date, where he'll open up to me and tell me about his problems.

I shook my head, slapping my forehead, "Ridiculous." I chuckled at myself.

I waited till the shower went off, and minutes later, Hades opened the door, steam following behind, a towel around his hips, he looked at the bed confusedly.

I cleared my voice, causing him to jump slightly, placing a hand over his naked chest, he cursed while sending me a short glare.

I blushed, rubbing my neck, "Sorry." I apologized.

He shook his head, "It's okay."

I entered the bathroom, and locked myself in, I made a decision to finally look at myself. Well, to make it short. I looked tired.

Splashing water on my face and brushing my teeth, I took the time to think about what might happen. I need to prepare in case it is something bad.

If only I can read minds.

🐶_🐶

Okay so one of my guesses were right. I was going to be introduced to my pack. As their Luna. I'm going to be a Luna... that sounds awfully weird.

I glanced at Beta Ezra driving the car while Hades sitting in the passenger's seat, wanting to be close to him as much as possible, I sat behind him.