#42 Sixth night ✔

Jane's POV

I slumped down on the sofa and turned the TV on, a foreign movie appeared and I changed it immediately; what's the point in watching it, when I can't even read the subtitle.

I kept changing it until I stopped on one; there was a man in a formal suit, sitting behind a table while talking intensely, eyes were serious and his whole structure was stiff, "-India's GDP growth slipped to 13 quarter low of 5.7% year-on-year during the April-June quarter as compared to 6.1% in January-March, government data showed on Thursday-"

He needs to breath. I thought sarcastically, chuckling at my own non-laughable joke.

"HADES!" A whispered yell.

I sat straight, "Who said that?" I asked loudly.

"Earth, is that you?" I kept asking.

Silence...

I relaxed again, rethinking about the strange familiar voice. It sounded like it belonged to me, even when it wasn't.

I pursed my lips, annoyed by the weird things that visits me. Ever since Hades marked me, I have been hearing voices, but non of them made sense. They sounded far away, muffled, but at the same time clear.

I shook my head then walked toward the kitchen to eat something, a song came in mind, but I sang that one line I adored since I was young, "So you can't fly if you never try, you told me oh long ago-"

"That was adorable."

"Hades?" I turned around, but faced nothing .

I checked the wall clock, Hades won't come till 6 o'clock, it's 3:20 now.

"Is anyone there?" I yelled. Not really waiting for an answer; I knew this was all in my head, but it was worth a try. I groaned and exited the house, walking towards the nearest flower, "Please tell me this is you messing around with me." I pleaded.

It was all inside your head~

I groaned again, "Why am I hearing them? Do they mean something?"

Yes~

"What do they mean?" I asked eagerly.

That is for you to find out~

I sighed in defeat and walked back into the house, I grabbed the phone and dialed Evangeline's number; inviting her for a chat, and did the same with Layla.

🐶_🐶

"So, what you're saying is that you hear voices, and you don't know whether you're going insane, or becoming a psychic?" Evangeline concluded.

I nodded, "It's weird, because I heard your voices too."

"What did we say?" Layla asked.

I shrugged, "I was playing with the makeup the other day, and you said 'witness the power of makeup' or something like that."

Layla's eyes widened, "I actually did say that," furrowed her thick eyebrows, "But that was before you lose your memories."

My eyes widened, along with hers, "Do you think that means.."

Evangeline nodded, smirking, "Yep, you're getting your memories back."

"But I still can't remember anything." I explained.

She shrugged, "It might as well take its time."

I'm getting my memories back? "Wait, do I tell Hades about this?" I asked.