#26 Prophecy ✔

Jane's POV

I laughed at Hades's attempt to imitate my character.

"Oh Hades, you're so brave and handsome, just take me home where we can make love all night!" He said in a high pitched voice, mimicking mine, placing the back of his hand on his forehead.

"I'm pretty sure I don't speak like that!" I yelled in defense, feeling embarrassed.

He stood straight and stiff, "You speak like that and a half."

"What does that mean?!" I laughed even more.

He shrugged, "How should I know?"

"You said it!" I pointed my finger at him.

"Right." He waved me off.

He laid back next to me, I stood up and faced him, trying to find a way to imitate him.

"I am the alpha, I have anger issues and I get so horny when I look at my mate. Yeah, MEN POWER!" I yelled in a deep tone, then bowed, patting my own shoulder.

He furrowed his eyebrows with a confused smile, "I would never say that."

"You would never," I pointed out, "but it doesn't mean you don't think like that." He rolled his eyes.

I giggled and crawled towards him, I sat in an Indian style and took his hand in my lap, "So Hades," I looked at him.

"Yes Jane?" He asked with a sly smile.

"Tell me more about our past." I thought for a second, "like how you treated me before. Were you always this sweet?" Stupid blush.

He took me by surprise, "No, I was mean to you, I didn't give you attention nor freedom, I acted tough and cold around you and tried many times to make you feel miserable."

"Huh?" I breathed out.

He clinched his jaw, "But I did it hoping to bring back your memory. The first time we met I was still training, I treated you unfairly but you still stayed beside me. When I found you again, I thought I could re-act everything, maybe then you will remember, but I failed." He played with the ends of my hair, "I don't think I can do it all over again, it pained me so much to see you get humiliated and embarrassed because of me. I know now that it won't get your memories back, and I know this won't make sense for you, but I am truly sorry." He grabbed my hand and stared deeply into my eyes, "I'm sorry." He whispered.

Wow

"Tha-That um," I stuttered, "I f-forgive you." I mumbled quietly, staring down at our hands, feeling confused.

He sighed, "I ruined it, didn't I?"

"Wha-huh? No no! I'm just a little surprised." I kissed the back of his hand, "You didn't ruin anything." He smiled back.

"Tell me more about yourself," I said, "like your childhood memories, families, siblings."

His smile fell, and for the first time I saw his eyes darken, "No."

My heart fell at his tone, he sounded so angry, even with his calm voice. I nodded and laid my head on his chest, "Okay, how about we talk about our relationship?"

He stayed silent for the longest moment before gently removing my head off his chest, "I'll uh," he cleared his voice, "I have to do something, I'll be back." And he left the room immediately.

"Wait!" I yelled, jogging towards the stairs, my shoulders slumped down when I heard the front door shut.

🐶_🐶