Chapter 26

"Wh-what?" I stammer.

"I'm pregnant Bianca." She says crying.

"Oh my god who's baby is it?" I ask.

"I-I-I don't know," She says whimpering.

"Well, it's not all bad. I mean you're going to be a mother," I say trying to help her feel better.

"Bianca my mother and her boyfriend are kicking me out," She says.

The woman comes and brings us food. She raises an eyebrow at Candace as she turns to leave.

"Well until then do you want to crash with me?" I ask her.

"Really? Why? Bianca I've been a bitch to you for years and you're always so nice to me." She says between sobs.

"Look Candace we never even tried to be friends so how about we start with a clean slate?" I ask her.

"Ok," She responds.

"So Candace what's your favorite movie?" I ask her sipping my milkshake.

"Ummm probably mean girls or clueless." She says.

"Nice, mine is probably 1 Chance 2 Dance," I answer.

"Ok well, whats your favorite color?" She asks me.

"Umm probably black," I say munching on my french fry.

"Why?" She asks.

"Well, black is obsolete. It's everything and nothing. It's usually associated with bad things but when put in the right light it can be the most beautiful thing in the world," I explain.

"Wow, mine is pink because it's pretty. Wow now who looks like a dumb blonde," She says chuckling.

We finish our food and talk more about basic stuff. Candace is actually not a total bitch , she's kinda cool. We leave the diner at about 4:30am. I drive her car back to the house and sneak her through the window to my room. We pass out on the bed still in our clothes.

"Bianca!!! Downstairs in 25!" My mom yells.

I jump out of bed with a start. Candace is still asleep in the chair. I sneak into the bathroom and take a quick shower and change in the bathroom. I quietly leave the room and sneak down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Mom we have a slight problem," I say to my mother as she scrambles some eggs.

"What Bianca?" She says exhausted.

"Umm so my friend Candace is pregnant and her mother kicked her out. I offered to let her stay here. It's only temporary." I say quickly.

"It's fine Bianca. The more the merrier." She says smiling at me. I run upstairs and see that Candace is just getting out the shower.

"Did you figure out the shower? It's kinda difficult. Oh crap, you need clothes!" I say hurriedly.

"Thanks again Bianca!" She says taking the clothes from my hand. She rushes into the bathroom to change. I tie up my converses and wait for Candace to come out.

I lent her a plain black tee shirt and a pair of jeans. She has sneakers and after school we are gonna get her clothes from her parents house.

She comes out and for the first time I see an actual person instead of someone I don't know.

We march downstairs and my mom offers her a smile. We eat our breakfast in a comfortable silence. After that I hear the boys beep the horn.

I walk out arms linked with Candace and the window rolls down.

"WTF Bianca! Why is she here? Do we need to fight her?" Liam asks from the passenger seat.

"Look circumstances have changed. Open the goddammed door." I say to Jax who's driving.

"Fine." He says opening the door.

We climb into the back of the car.

"Ready?" I ask her.

"Yep," She says smiling.