Chapter 27

Candace and I have become decent friends over the course of her stay. At school, she and her plastics bothered me less. After I made Zoey and the guys swear not to tell I told them about her being pregnant. Everyone was surprised. 

So a few weeks later it is now a week before Christmas. Candace has her first ultrasound for her baby. She asked me to come with her since she didn't have anyone else to go with her. I gladly accepted her invitation. So here we are sitting in the waiting room of the hospital and Candace is hyperventilating. 

" Candace, relax okay? It's probably going to be fine." I say trying to calm her down. 

"What if it's dead? Or worse it's a boy?" Candace whisper-yells. 

"Candace. You are 2 months pregnant. Relax ." I say taking her hand. 

"Candace Cassidy, we're ready for you." The technician says.

Candace and I stand up and walk to the large room. The walls are plastered with images of pregnant women smiling. Candace lies down on the metal table. The lady gets a bottle and squeezed some liquid onto Candace's stomach. 

"Shit! That's cold," She exclaims. 

The technician smiles and starts to talk to Candace about some doctor stuff. 

"So where's the father?" She asks. 

"Ummm I don't know." She says.  

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Well, here they are." Dr. Cersci says. She points to an Image of two little babies on the screen. 

"They?" Candace asks.

" Yes, you're having twins. Congratulations," Dr.Cersci says smiling. Candace grins and starts crying. 

"Whats wrong?" I ask her. 

"It's just that I wish that my mom could be here. She always wanted twins. Bianca, I can't give up these kids. After seeing them I just can't." She says through her tears. 

"Well, then I suggest that you try and figure out who the father is. Now I got to go I have Cinderella practice. Tonight is the dress rehearsal." I say hugging her goodbye. 

I walk outside and hop on my skateboard and ride to school. It's really cold up here in main but I still don't have a car so this is the best way for me to get around. We've been working really hard on Cinderella. Since Candace was the Fairygodmother we had to cast someone else. Izayah and I love dancing together and it's really fun. I can't believe we are finally performing. 

When I get to the dance studio everyone's already stretching in costume. 

I run into the dressing room and change into my outfit for scene one. When I come back out everyone was sitting on the floor. 

"I have an announcement before we begin. A scout from the American Dance Theatre will attend our shows tomorrow and Friday. " Mrs Krofski says. We all cheer. This is it! This is my big break. I think to myself. 

"Alright! This is it people let's get to it." She says and we all run onto the stage and get ready for scene one.  

By the time we finished rehearsing  I was exhausted. My feets were totally numb and I just want to sleep. 

I pack up my stuff and take out my phone I press Cyrus's contact and wait for him to pick up. 

Yo, This is Cyrus. Talk to me. 

Hey, babe. Can you come pick me up from school? 

Anytime. Be there in 10. 

Bye love you!

Dido 

I close my phone and wait for him to come. I see Izayah and Clint holding hands as they leave. I wave and they wave back. For the first time in a while everything finally feels normal.