Chapter 36

We stayed in that booth for what seemed like hours. Laughing, talking, and enjoying each other. Finally, we all head to our homes and settle in for the night. Candace and I got out of our gowns and wiped off the layers of paint off our faces. I fell asleep soon enough but dreams did not come. I woke up the next morning exhausted. I knew that I had to talk to Cyrus today although I much rather sleep in. So at 9:30 in the morning I was sitting in a coffee shop waiting for Cyrus to show up. After an elongated 25 minutes, he rounds the corner. His hair has been cut shorter than it used to be and he no longer wears contacts.

"Hey Bianca," he says quietly.
"Hello, Michael," I say coldly.
"I just wanted to see how you are doing, since it's been a while," he says sitting down.
"I'm fine. Yesterday was my Prom. I went with my friends, I had a good time. Us breaking up was the best thing to happen to me. I am so happy now, I know who I am and I am ready to start my future with no baggage. You will always be my first love. Treasure that but I'm done," I say attempting to remain calm.

" Look, Bianca, you deserve better than how I treated you. I used you and I am so so sorry. But overall I've missed talking to you. It's so easy to talk to you because I know that you're gonna understand. I can't find that in many other people. Please, I'm not begging you to come back to me I'm begging you to give me another chance at our friendship." He says pleading. But for the first time in a while, I don't care. Not about what other people want or anything. I stand up, take my backpack and leave some change on the table. I am 18 years old. I can do what I need to do without regret. And with that, I walk down the street towards my home. To my friends.

Le time skip ( 2 months)

I stand in front of the mirror. I am about to put my cap and gown on. Once I do I will no longer be a senior in high school, I will be a college student. I am so ready for this. I pull the burgundy robe on and smile. This is really it! I put my cap on and walk out of the bathroom. Candace is waiting for me and she smiles when I come out.
"Who would've thought that by graduation you and I would be best friends? I didn't but we are and that's why I think now is a good time to ask you to be the godmother and sign these forms." She says smiling. There is something behind her eyes that shows almost fear.

"Well of course! I am so happy that you chose me! But, what are these form for?" I ask confused, sitting down.

"Just a formality. Just means that god forbid something happens I want you to take care of the twins. Nothing should happen but things happen you know?" She says shrugging. I smile and sign the papers quickly. Suddenly the doorbell rings.

"I guess it's time," I say smiling.

We walk downstairs and mom, Nate, and Carly are all waiting. I can tell that my mom is crying because her face is boiling red. I smile widely this is the day that I've been waiting for. All of us are camped out on the porch and lawn taking pictures laughing. My mom and Nate take what seems like a million pictures before we all get in the car and go. I decide to ride with my mom. Lately, I've been so caught up in all my nonsense that I haven't spent much time with my mom. Yesterday we went and got our nails done and talked it was really good for us. We all arrive at the school and see tons of our grade members running around taking pictures.We all go to the side of the football field where we will process into the center. We wait a while as all of the people running around fixing last minute things. Finally, the graduation march begins. The line slowly moves as we all walk out there ready to face our future.