Chapter 19: Speeding down the highway

"Omg, are you serious? Omg, this is crazy." I say trying to grab the keys out of his hand,

"You can't keep it but you can take one for a ride." He says grinning. I squeal. These cars are amazing. I pick out a red and blue Spiderman themed car. We climb in the car and he presses the start button from the passenger seat. I press my foot on the gas and we lurch forward. I roll down the windows and the sunroof.

"Welcome to SC3v2 model. Enjoy the ride! I am  Niron. Pleasure to meet you." A sound says all around me.

"Who are you?" I ask confused. Cyrus smirks in the corner at my question.

"I am Niron's virtual assistant. He has programmed me based off of Microsofts Cortana. Glad to be of service." It says.

"This is amazing!!!!!" I scream happily. I add a little gas and we speed down the road. We u-turn and head back to the hanger when Cyrus says,

"Can I drive? I wanna take you somewhere," He says looking at the floor.

"Sure," I say getting out the car. We switch and he speeds off towards the hanger. He passes it and drives for a while. We sit in a comfortable silence when Niron comes back.

"Young Master, would you like me to play some music?"

"Please do Niron," He says sighing. Some indie-rock song comes on over the stereo. He bops his head to the melody and sings along at a few points. His voice is like soft a lot softer than you would expect.

He stops the car in front of the shadiest ice cream place in the world.

"Okay so now you really wanna kill me right? This is where I die and they never find my body.," I say fake panicking.

"Very funny," He says opening the car door for me. I smile.

" Can I have a piggy back ride? The walk is far," I ask him.
"Sure,"He says. He picks me up and we walk to the stand.

"Two va vanilla ice cream cones," He orders.
We get the cones and walk back towards the car.

"These are delicious!" I say happily. My phone rings in my pocket. I pull it out and check the time.

"Omg! It's 5:30. My mom is going to kill me. Can you drive me home? " I gasp.
"Sure thing," He says putting me back on the ground. We hop into the car and Cyrus speeds me back to my house. He walks me to the door and is about to leave when the door swings open.

"Good evening. Who are you and why do you bring my sister home so late?" Nate asks rising up to his full 6'2 height. He is barley eye level with Cyrus.
"I'm just a friend. I'll be leaving now," he says turning to face me.
"Bye princess."
''Bye Captain." I say giving him a sympathetic smile.
"And who is this fine young man?" My mom says walking out the door.
"Mom this is Cyrus. H's a friend." I say.
"Well, he just has to stay for dinner." She says inviting him in. He looks at me and cocks an eyebrow as if asking if it's okay. I nod and he walks through the door. Nate scowls at him and he walks by ignoring him.

We sit at the table Cyrus right next to me. My mom made my favorite empanadas. Cyrus scarfed down 6 before smiling at my mom ,

" These are delicious Ms. Allen, " He says .
" Why thank you Cyrus." She says smiling.

"So Cyrus What do you want to do after high school?" Nate asks.
" Well, I actually am a sophomore in college. I am double-majoring . " He says smiling.
"In what?"
" Engineering and genetics," He says.

"Wow. Impressive." My mom says.
"Yea well it was nice knowing you Mr. Audi but you can leave now."