Chapter 34

After we broke up, I remained mostly at home. For about 6 weeks that's all I did. The boys, Zoey, Zay, and even Cat all came to visit. immediately, Candace and I hung out. It turns out that she's actually really smart. She had enough credits to finish high school last year, so she dropped out and still get's her diploma. No one pushed me to do anything I didn't want to. I went to school. And went home. Occasionally I went to Starbucks or the gym. But, I mostly pitied myself for weeks.

One day while at the gym, Mr. Algiers comes up to me.

"SO, Peaches I could use an extra hand and from what I've heard you don't have a job. Maybe of break and summer, you could work here," He asks. I beam. I love it here and it will give me a distraction from my life.

"Well, actually I'm going to Maine Community so I could work for the year as well," I say.

"Awesome, nice having you with us. You start your spring break," he says extending his hand.

"Thanks, boss," I said shaking it.

I start my training when someone lifts me off the ground. I elbow them in the stomach and they released.

"Damn, sis. You gonna kill me," Scott says.

"Scott, you scared me," I say aggravated.

"Duh, that's the point." He says rolling his eyes.

"So what's new?" I ask him.

"Not much I guess. Stiles and I are going to Ohio State on Boxing scholarships. And Umm I'm dating this girl. Her name is Candace. She's pregnant. But they are not my kids. I mean they are... but I didn't get her pregnant, "He says rambling.

"I know. Candace lives with me," I say slowly so he understands.

"Ohhh, cool. So you wanna hang? Stiles and I are not doing anything," he asks.

"Ummm, you know what, sure. Let me just get changed," I say. I'm in a pair of black joggers and a pink sports bra. I grab my tee shirt and pull it over my head. I grab my Nike backpack and walk out the door.

"Hey, Stiles," I say giving him a fist bump.

"What up Peaches!" He says hugging me.

"So...where are we going?" I ask.

"Well, Boss Baby just came out. We should go and see it," Scott says. Stiles agrees. I look at them and smile. We are about to go to college and they are thinking about a kids movie.

Scott drives us to the theater thanks and the guy at the register looks super confused as to why three teens want to see a children's movie. We order a lot of food and trek to the room. All the adults look at us as if to say

'You say anything and I'll call security'

But, I keep the boys in check and we have a really good time. We decide after to go rock climbing. We race to the top of the hardest one. I come in second but Stiles comes in last which means he has to pay.

As we leave the place I smile.This is probably the most fun I've had in a long time.

"Guys, thank you," I say.

"What can I say except your welcome," Stiles sings back to me.

"So should we start calling you Maui?" I ask him.

"Maui, Shapeshifter, Demigod of the wind and sea, Hero of Man and Women," he says. I roll my eyes. This boy has seen Moana way too many times.

They drop me off at home and Candace comes outside to see Scott. He hugs her and bends down. He starts whispering to her babies. I internally sigh. If every guy took the time to be this sweet.