Chapter 7 : First Day Jitters

I spent most of the weekend ignoring the boys . I mean they are just so juvinille . They kept sending me gifs of dancing goats . Like who does that?

Anyway .

Monday morning I got up to Sugar , We're goin' down by Fall Out Boy  and two playlists later I was ready . I pulled my hair up into a ponytail . I wore my favorite pair of leggings  with a Panic! At the Disco tee shirt . With that I wore a blue plaid button down shirt around my waist . After coffee with mom I leave with Zoey .

"Can we park a bit farther ? " I ask seeing the boys black lexus pulling in a few spots down .

" What happened to you this weekend ? You look like you've seen a ghost . " Zoey says . Of course I wanted to tell Zoey everything but I just couldn't .

" Nothing . I just felt like walking . " I say looking at my hands .

" Okay . " Zoey says as she reverses to a spot a bit farther . I get of the car and tell Zoey that I'll see her at lunch . I walk quickly to the side door in the library . I am so thankful that I have the key since I work here . I slip in quietly and walk through making sure no one saw me . I grab my books from my locker and shut it closed .

" Hey . " Jax says leaning against the locker next to mine . I slap him on the chest .

" I hate it when people sneak up on me . Don't do that . " I say angrily .

" Again with the touching .How many times do I have to tell you babe . There's a line you have to wait . And I don't sell broken merchendise . " He says smirking. I roll my eyes and walk towards the computor lab . Jax quickly catches up to me and walks me to class . He struts in and winks at the group of girls starring at him . I see them giggle and fan themselves . I roll my eyes they don't seem to understand that he's a player . I grab a laptop and start the assignment that Ms. B assigned on Google Classroom . Jax pokes me on the shoulder as I finish up a line of code .

" What ? " I ask not breaking away from the computer .

" I'm bored . " Jax says pouting .

" SO what's that got to do with me ? " I ask annoyed .

" I want to ditch and I need you to cover for me . If she asks where I went just say that my mom told you that I was sick or something . " He says getting up . I nod in understanding even though I have no idea what he actually said .

I see him tip toe out of class and walk around the corner . I retun to my work and hope to finish in time .

" WHERE IS MR . RHODES!!!!!!" Ms. B screams when she sees that he's missing . I shrug my shoulders in confusion . How am I supposed to know where the bimbo is . Then I remember him saying something about his moter told me he's sick or she's sick or something .

" Um I think that he's sick so his mom is taking him to the doctor . " I say . I see her face relax and she goes back to her computor . I finish up the last line of code and paste it on to a google doc. I submit it and I see her look at me . She motions for me to come to her desk . I walk over cautiously I mean what if it's so bad the she kicks me out I couldn't  let that happen .

" Your finished ? " She asks kindly .

" Yes . " I say looking at my hands ; a nervous trait of mine .

" Well I'm impressed you finished in half the time than me . You can go . Here's a hallpass . " she says smiling and hands me the slip . I take it and walk out of class . I look at my watch I still have 45 minutes . I walk toward the dance studios . Liberty Central High School shares a space with a performing arts school . They go to class with us but for gym and stuff they have dance or drama or Art . I'm just glad they let us use their facilites . I walk into a studio and see a boy dancing . He moves gracefully across the floor . His toes perfectly pointed he leaps across the floor . He locks eyes with me and I see him look away . He runs over to the speaker and shuts it off . He grabs his stuff and runs out of the room . Suddenly he comes back his face redder than when he left . I see the Principal walk him back in . She looks between us and nods her head .