Chapter 4

Emily

"Nathan come on.", I said getting out the car.

"Ma I don't wanna go."

"Why not?"

"I don't like him. He did you wrong."

"Then don't talk to him, I got shit to do go in there with your brother and sister."

"Ma.", he whinned. "Can I please go back home. I won't do anything but sleep and talk to my girl.".

"You can do that here.". He smacked his lips and got out.

"I'll come get you when I'm done."

"Thank God.", he said before walking away.

...

I'm on my way to the gym. Jade's too lazy and Tommy's busy so I'm going alone. When I pulled up this sexy ass chocolate dude was going in too. He opened the door for me. "Thank you.".

"You're welcome."

...

We ended up working out together. He's really funny and sweet. His name's Emeke and he got a 16 year old daughter. I pulled up to Terrence's house. I saw Nathan on the porch talking on the phone. "Nathan!".

"Here I come.". He went in the house and came out with Jayda and Jayden with Terrence following them.

"I thought yall was stayin'.", I said confused. "Nathan it's said I'd come pick you up when I was done."

"Ohhhh."

"You said they can stay.", Terrence said through the window.

"They can, I'm picking up Nathan."

"No, I need to talk to him."

"I-"

"Nathan talk to your dad. You wanted to see him just as much as they did. He's not the only one who did bad things, I did bad things too. Talk to him and let it go.". He huffed and walked back to the house after the kids.

"Thanks."

"I did it for him, not you. I'll be back later."

Terrence

"We good?", I asked holding my hand out.

"Yeah.", Nathan said shaking my hand. His phone keep going off.

"Damn."

"It's just my girlfriends."

"Girlfriends? With an s?". Yeah, he's my son. I hope he ain't no hoe cause I got around but those days are over. I hope Jayden faithful and I hope Jayda gets somebody that treats her right.

"Yeah. I got a girl and 2 sidelines."

"Don't do that."

"You did."

"To who?"

"My momma."

"How do you think your girlfriend will feel when she finds out?"

"Like my momma did."

"You wanna put a girl through that shit?"

"No."

"Why do you got a girl always? You 15."

"16 in 4 days."

"What you wanna do for yo' birthday?"

"Go make it rain.", he said smiling and acting like he was. "Nah but ion know, it ain't nobody here for real. Yo' who that?", he asked talking about Asia's niece. She just turned 16. "Asia's niece.".

"She 16 right?"

"Yeah."

"She bad, I should go introduce myself huh? Yeah I know.", he said before I could reply. He got up and walked to her and they started talking. She kept laughing, he grabbed her hand and shit. God please don't let him be a second me.

Emily

While I was getting a few groceries a cart ran into the back of me. "I am so sorry.". I'm not gone go off on her.

"Afia you have to put that phone down and watch where you're going.". That's Emeke.

"Are you stalking me?", I asked turning around.

"No, no, no-"

"I'm joking.", I said laughing. He smiled.

"This is my daughter Afia."

"Hello, nice to meet you."

"I'm Emily It's nice to meet you too.". We shook hands. "You are really beautiful.". She is so fucking beautiful. Swear to God.

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"My hair isn't a nice length."

"That doesn't mean anything and I think your hair is perfect. If you want longer hair get weave.". She looked at her dad and smiled.

"What?"

"How much do you love me?"

"What do you want?"

"Uhh, nothing."

"She wants to know if she can get weave."

"What's wrong with her hair?"

"Nothing she just wants something, different."

"I don't know."

"Please."

"You're not getting hair all the way down to your behind Afia."

"It doesn't have to be that long.", I said.

"Dad it takes me an hour and a half to do my hair everyday. Kids talk about me at school too. I try to ignore them but I can't. Please daddy."

"How much is it?"

"I can buy everything."

"No I can't have you do that."

"It's expensive."

...

"For hair!?", they asked together.

"Yes.", I said laughing.

"Please."

"Okay."

"Yayy.", she said smiling. She hugged him tightly.