Chapter 31

Terrence

I been trying to put the perfect date day thing together for the past week. I want everything to be perfect. I'm getting her a ring to, I'm getting it now. I'm not popping the big question again, yet. I'm getting her a promise ring to promise my loyalty and honesty to her no matter what. I kinda feel like she's gonna think I'm cheating on her cause I been making a lot of runs lately. I gotta speed this process up before I lose her for no reason.

...

When I made it to her house she was on her laptop and eating in her room. "Who is she?", Emily asked not looking up.

"Who is who?", I adked confused and sitting down.

"You're cheating on me, what's her name?", she asked closing the laptop. "Do I know her?".

"I'm not cheating on you.", I said.

"Yeah right.", she said laughing.

"I promise you, I'm not cheating on you.", I said.

"What's up with all these 'runs' then?", she asked crossing her arms.

"I can't tell you."

"It's over."

"What!? No it's not."

"What's all the 'runs' Terrence!?". I huffed then told her. I wanted it to be a surprise but I'm not about to lose her. I guess I can give her the ring today. I pulled the ring out and her eyes got big. "Umm, what are you doing?".

"It's just a promise ring."

"Thank god.", she said with her hand on her chest. "Wait what's the promise?".

"I promise that I will be honest and loyal to you at all times, no matter what. Do you accept my promise ring?". She just looked at me.

"Yes.", she said after a minute and smiling. I put it on her finger smiling.

"We still together right?", I asked as she looked at the ring.

"Damn this a nice ass ring. Right. What about Olivia? I really like that one.", she said looking at me.

"Olivia it is.", I said making her smile. Before she could reply we heard Nathan and Afia arguing.

"I can't take it anymore Nathan! I can't take care of him!", Afia yelled. Nathan Jr started crying. Emily asked me to go get him so I did, they're too loud. She got him to stop crying.

"So you're saying fuck our son!?", Nathan asked.

"No, I'm saying I can't do it anymore Nathan. I can't raise him!", Afia yelled.

"You actin' like you doin' it alone!", Nathan yelled.

"I am!", Afia yelled. That's a lie.

"I have him every weekend, some weekdays too! I come over after school as much as I can! I'm with you until 11 if I don't gotta work! I go with you to appointments! I make sure he got milk! I make sure he go diapers! I make sure he got everything he need!", Nathan yelled. "How in the hell are you doing this alone!?".

"If you won't take him someone else will!", Afia yelled.

"She fenna have a baby!How am I supposed to get her to let me keep him!? ", Nathan asked .

"Why are you asking me!? I don't know!", Afia yelled. "Go ask or we're gone! This will be the last time you see him!", Afia yelled. The door slammed making the baby cry again. I took him and calmed him down this time.

"Ma?", Nathan asked knocking on the door.

"Come in.", Emily said. He told us what happened then asked Emily if he could stay. We looked at her as she looked at the baby. "Yes.".

"Thank you ma.", he said hugging Emily. "Sorry for cursing she just pissin' me off.", Nathan said to us.

"It's okay.", Emily said.

"Hurry up though, yall too loud.", I said.

"Okay.", Nathan said before leaving. It got quiet. I looked at my watch. I gotta pick Jayden and Amari up. Amari live with me now. Tommy didn't even care, just like René.

"I gotta pick Jayden and Amari up.", I said giving Emily the baby.

"Okay, get me some apple juice.", Emily said.

"Okay, anything else?", I asked stretching.

"Nuh-uh."