Chapter 30

Terrence

Me and Emily just dropped the kids off we're on our way to her appointment now. We find out what she's having. Afia already had the baby, Nathan Jr. Afia and Nathan got problems going on but he do what he have to do like a man should.

...

"You're having a baby girl.", the doctor said smiling. Emily looked at me. It's just a coincidence. Emily forced a smile on her face.

"Were you hoping for a boy dad?"

"Yeah.", I said smiling. I said the first thing that came to my mind. "But I'm more than happy that I'll have a baby girl.". The doctor smiled. She talked for a little bit then left. "It's just a coincidence.".

"Hope so.", she said wiping the stuff off of her stomach.

...

I had to make a few runs so I dropped her off and when I came back she was exactly where she was before. "You been there the whole time I was gone?". I sat next to her and put my arm around her, she laid on me. "You hungry?". She shook her head no. "Did you eat?". She shook her head no. "You wanna go on a drive?". She shook her head yeah. "Okay, go get your shoes.".

...

That hoe song she was singing came on so I turned it up trying to cheer her up. "This yo' shit.", I said as I turned it up. She smiled. I didn't want to but I tried singing along to make her laugh and she did.

"Bae just stop.", she said laughing and turning the radio down. I started laughing.

"There it go."

Emily

He is so fucking goofy and funny. This nigga freestyling about chicken. He got bars though, I thought he didn't. When he stopped I laughed and clapped my hands. "I was wrong, I was wrong. Bae got bars.". He 'dusted' off his shoulders then looked at his watch.

"I gotta make a run, you want me to pick you up somethin'?"

"No, I'm good."

...

While I was in the nursery Nathan walked in. "I got suspended.".

"For what?"

"Fightin'."

"Get the talkin'."

"Ight so this nigga everybody scared of but me was actin' a fool in biology for almost half of the block so I got mad. I got a D in biology but we talked about that, right?"

"Right."

"You want me to tell you exactly what I said?"

"Everything."

"I said 'Shut yo' punk ass up. I'm tryna learn you need to sit yo' dumb ass down and do the same thing.'. We started going back and forth, eventually he walked up so I stood up. He pushed me and tried to punch me but he missed so we started fightin'. In my defense, in my defense he touched me first and I only said something cause my education was being interrupted, I got all of my work too. With that being said I feel like I shouldn't get in trouble.". I just looked at him. "Oh yeah, I'll be right back. I gotta get something.".

"You got 30 seconds.". He ran out and came back with some apple juice, cookies and candy.

"I just wanted to get you somethin'.". Lying ass. "Am I in trouble?", he asked.

"Did you get yo' ass beat?", I asked.

"Hell no.", he said shaking his head.

"That's your answer.". He smiled and hugged me.

"Imma put this in my room.", he said talking about the snacks. "And this in the refrigerator.", he said talking about the juice.

"Okay, where's Terrence."

"He said he had to make a run.". He been making a lot of runs lately.